• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door seam concern

BLUNT

does anyone elses door line up with the front fender like this? the seam vertically is perfect and equal on both sides. it appears the front fender just slightly bows out in the center. it fits perfect up top and down low. i dont see a way to correct this. im wondering if im being too picky and maybe they were all like this???? i guess its minor, its just not ideal

02BOOKLET013.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Mine is kinda the same, but I have the PO's aftermarket fenders still in. Yours are new bmw right? Although I have heard the 'new oem' fenders aren't that hot. If the body guys can't fix it, maybe get a an original used fender in good shape?

If if you don't do something now, it will probably always bug you, and you definitely don't want that..especially after all the work thats gone into it. Oh yeah, and the money thats gone into it too, lets not forget that :)

Matt

THANKS MATT. YES THEY ARE OEM NEW FENDERS AND IVE BEEN TOLD MANY TIMES NONE OF THE NEW METAL IS ALL THAT GREAT. I JUST RAN MY HAND ACROSS MY NEW TRUNK LID AND WITNESSED THIS MYSELF. IT LOOKS FINE WITH PRIMER BUT YOU CAN FEEL WAVES IN THE SIDES. MY BODY GUY ASSURES ME IT WILL BE PERFECT ONCE DONE. oops rimspoke moment

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Blunt, I know waht you mean with how the panel looks...

Best to get it right like everyone has said.

I got a brand new bonnet delivered ex. Germany and all the edges at the back of the bonnet were all bent and damaged. I ended up getting a great discount on the parts from the local dealer as compensation.

I took them to my panel guy, he pulled them from the boxes, sat them on a rack and took one look at them...

Although he was impressed that a 32 year old car was still able to buy parts from the Factory, he pointed out on one of the doors that there was a wave along the lower section and a dent on the edge.

He took one look at the other door and said "Wow, this one is perfect though!" He was going on about how lucky it was when he went "Wait up, there has been a dent and they have fixed it, and primed over it! This one is still better than the other one!"

I just hope they look alright when they come together on the car with the panels I have not replaced.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg