• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REAR SPOILER OR NOT ? VOTE...

phocus

1975 2002 REAR SPOILER OR NOT?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. 1975 2002 REAR SPOILER OR NOT?

• YES
    • NO

Personally, I would not install one without doing some other exterior mods. to your car like some nice alloy wheels, lowering the car and maybe using a front spoiler. (Assuming you haven't yet). I just think the rear spoilers look better on a car with other visible performance upgrades.

I have a Zender "lip" spoiler to install eventually. Keep in mind that if you have to drill mounting holes (like on a Zender one), you can't simply remove the spoiler.

Gil

73 02

A rear spoiler only belongs on an 02 that has TURBO written on the back. A spoiler on a non-turbo 02 looks awful in my opinion....but...don't let my opinion stop you from doing what you want..if you like the spoiler, go with it!

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Guest Anonymous

My vote...Yes Yes Yes

Rear spoiler w/ short bumpers and turbo flares....Front turbo spoiler too..

PLease someone stop me...........

Guest Anonymous

Like this????

Sorry, no butt shot...

car's in the shop with a leaky clutch...

my vote is Yes" but only with turbo body mods. Other than that, stock is the rock!

Inka05017.jpg

• 7 months later...

I vote no.

To me, a plastic fin on a metal car just looks odd. mabe w/ a full turbo body and having absolutely all plastic covered by paint. It serves no purpose. I mean that it's wind effects wont kick in until about the same speeds an 02 would top out. Mind you it's nothing as bad as having to look at those honda boys with the giant aluminum wing on the trunk of his front wheel drive car, serving the oposite purpose than it's supposed to. If you feel you must modify it's apearence, try a chrome luggage rack. hard to immagine, but I've seen a few 02's with them. one of mine came with one on it. and in my opinion doesnt look bad. gives it more of a vintage sport look, AND it can serve a purpose. heck it just may create more drag than a thin rubber spoiler.

Tim. 2 daily drivers

His: 68' 1602-

Hers: 76' 2002 auto-