• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw a pretty sweet 02 today.

Benetton

Timing is so crazy. It all started when i played golf, froze my ass off so i stoped after 9, decided to go to starbucks to get my fix of a quad grande latte. That stop was just long enough cuz when i hit the road paralling the free way, then it hits a light i have to take a right at. Im going down the road 40 or so, so a 02 take a left (my right) and i feel the adrenaline pump (you guys know how it is when u see another 02). I punch it to catch the green light, down shift to second take the corner perfect not spilling a drop of my latte that is sitting inbetween my legs( 02s need cup holders. The next light is red and i pull up next to him, rev the engine to get him to look over.

We sit there admiring each others ride. His 02 was grey (Anthrazit sp?) with black turbo flares and a black zender spolier with blacked out trim, (can you imagine it) It was a sweet looking car, i have never seen a car with those two colors. well thats my story for the day

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

we were next ot each other for a while my window was down but he refused to roll his down (well he was just lazy and didnt want to lean over)

oh and i forgot he had some sweet e code hellas with city lights, i really like that look

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

....You didnt stop and talk?? dude, if that happened to me here i would stop him and kiss him with tongue...

They say San Francisco is the 2002 capital of the world. Well, if we got 2002 guys "kissing with toungue" just cause they both drive '02's now I see why our city has the reputation that it does... :)

If I ever get rear ended by another '02 while driving my 1602 in the city, I'm just going to KEEP DRIVING!! :-)

Scottie Sharpe

68 2002 Mikunis Ireland coilover e12/e21 brakes

88 Dinan M5 stage 4 M88/3 conv, Miller MAF, B&B, 3-pc Fikses 17x9fr, 17x10rr, Racelogic traction and launch

Webmaster for http://bmwturboperformance.com

Do you www.bmwWikiWiki.com ??

...there are so many '02s here you can't go more than a mile without seeing one. You should come check it out if you have the chance. And get ready to pucker up...

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .

i was fortunate enough to see the cali 02 scene this summer. Darius even had quite a few people over and went for a drive. My plan is to go to college in cali so maybe i'll be down there before u know it

Guest Anonymous

Hey Scottie

Isnt there a lot of 02s in San Jose? I grew up there and use to see them all the time. Thats when i first knew i would some day own an 02. But that was about 15 years ago. Although, when i went to vist friends last year i saw two 02s in one day. Both off San Tomas express way.

Guest Anonymous
Hey Scottie

Isnt there a lot of 02s in San Jose? I grew up there and use to see them all the time. Thats when i first knew i would some day own an 02. But that was about 15 years ago. Although, when i went to vist friends last year i saw two 02s in one day. Both off San Tomas express way.

Jon74tii

Yeah, lots of 02's around here. Quite a few just in my neighborhood. I see one or two a week - and not the same ones either...My 67 has been on jackstands for a while....not much lip-locking going on here....

Scottie Sharpe

68 2002 Mikunis Ireland coilover e12/e21 brakes

88 Dinan M5 stage 4 M88/3 conv, Miller MAF, B&B, 3-pc Fikses 17x9fr, 17x10rr, Racelogic traction and launch

Webmaster for http://bmwturboperformance.com

Do you www.bmwWikiWiki.com ??

It is very rare to see an '02 around my neighborhood but when I see one I do the same (Not the kissing part !) but follow them and get their names and check out the car. Even last night a dude was driving an old 5 series and I parked almost next to him and it ended it up that he has an 1602.

Yeah ! next time try to pull over and exchange some info.... I dont recommend the kissing tongue part unless is a good looking girl that is driving an '02..and if she says something about it ....just tell her that is an old " 02 Tradition"

Rolando

My73bimmer

1973 2002tii

South Florida..Deerfield Beach, FL USA

http://photobucket.com/albums/a3/my73bimmer/

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You didnt stop and talk?? dude, if that happened to me here i would stop him and kiss him with tongue. i have seen 3 02's on the street in 3 years and 1 was camerons from this board

Yeah, I can kiss OK, but not with Blunt. By the way, I finally told my wife about the extra 02. Not happy, but do not have to sell it yet.

Cameron

cmp