• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

justdashes.com

BLUNT

anyone used them? i think i may bite the bullet and just do it. i have a cracked 1 piece i was going to use till i could afford the nice 3 piece the car deserves. but i just want to get it done. anyone have a better idea for a restored dash>??

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

They aren't cheap!...but it may be the only way to go depends on what you want. I tried valiantly to restore Hugo's dash, but it re-cracked when I re-installed it. I think I can re-restore it with it in the car someday. I have it down to a pretty good process. I patched the crack then sprayed the dash with a textured spray (by 3M)...then I dyed it black. Looked nice I think. I can redo it in the car, but it will be messy and I'm not in a hurry to do it! :-)

I wanted to save the original dash because it looks European (it IS), no fasten seat belt thingie. :-)

If I recall, Just Dashes wanted upwards of $800 to restore my dash.

Good Luck,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

had his done by them. I saw it at Oktoberfest. It looked very good only the grain pattern was different than the stock pattern. His looked like a pebble grain.

Be sure to ask about the different grain paterns available.

I may have to go that route too soon. Let me know what you decide and the results if you do have it done.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Guest Anonymous

If you are going to get a new dash eventually a cheap alternative until you do is the plastic dash cover off ebay fits decently. I have one in my M2 and probably will keep it in there. I have to bite the dash bullet for my cab. I am not looking forward to it. Upholstery shop in G boro,NC did the dash in my SC car. Leather looks pretty chic and cost 400.00

If you are going to get a new dash eventually a cheap alternative until you do is the plastic dash cover off ebay fits decently. I have one in my M2 and probably will keep it in there. I have to bite the dash bullet for my cab. I am not looking forward to it. Upholstery shop in G boro,NC did the dash in my SC car. Leather looks pretty chic and cost 400.00

Im assuming this is andy?? can i see some pics of your leather dash?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

A number of folks of the E9 persuasion have had their dashboards redone with justdashes, and I've heard mixed reviews. At 600 bucks per E9 dash (less to the trade), the consensus is that it's expensive for what you get. The material they use is a larger grain than OE and some folks have complained that the padding beneath is too "puffy" and squishy. I've seen one of their recovered dashes and though it was ok, I'm not persuaded to send them mine for that kind of cash.

Several owners have reported better sucess supplying dash material that more resembles the original to local auto interior shops at far better rates (quicker than justdashes 6 month SOP). I suspect it's a face-to-face discussion/understanding issue versus having justdashes crank out their usual product.

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

I'll look at the materials (supplies) this weekend and report back.

Have a good weekend,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I wanted justdashes to do my Datsun Roadster dash. They quoted me $1000. Why wouldn't I do it in leather for cheaper? While I am at it I could also get the door panels done and still be in the ball park of their pricing.