• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2/M20 badging . . .

f1reverb

I'm curious as to various badging efforts (rear and/or front) on your M2/M20 to identify it and differentiate it from regular '02s. Pics to view (whether you think the badging good or bad) would be nice as I'm also curious if there is any standard badging consensus for an M2/M20 or if there should be one (like using a Motorsport Roundel instead of the standard Roundel)? Q-ships need not apply.

t6v2.jpg

Guest Anonymous

If I had an M20 in a 2002, I would not badge it with an M logo. That would be a sacrilege. Perhaps in continuity with BMW practice, I would badge the '02 as a 2502. Use the badge from a late 1960s 2500 and replace the last digit.

I agree with Nick, badging is a personal preference. I prefer to leave my car looking stock, with no "M" badging on the outside. It's less temptation to thiefs, and more rewarding on the track, when people can't figure out why they can't pass this 30-year old car with their newer hardware.

Ian

'76 M2

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

Guest Anonymous

mine is M badged front and rear. no, trim roundel on the hood only. It is fun to see people that don't know what it is look 2 or 3 times. It is also fun to blow off folks at the light when they think it is a poser. If I did another one,

it would look stock except for the lowered appearance and the wheels and tires.

Guest Anonymous

Our M2 wears no badge at all.

Not because we wanted a shaved look, or to keep people guessing - it's just that after having the whole car painted, we're still too scared to drill holes into its brand new tail.

However, someone looking closly might notice the M logo on the tire's air valve stem covers.

that is quite understated, Ray.

my 02 isn't an M20 or M2, but this is the only badge i have that is sorta not stock. it is a stock badge, just slightly altered.

notauto.jpg

mine was a sahara automatic at one point, now it's a verona 4spd. i just wanted to fill some of the holes. still got one more hole left. not sure what to put there.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

Guest Anonymous

I HAVE A FRONT DOOR EMBLEM THAT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE

"300" EMBLEM EXCEPT IT SAYS "700" ! THE MOUNTING PINS ARE ALSO THE SAME .

THIS CAR WILL HAVE AN ENGINE COVER ON BOTH SIDES AND

IT WILL BE A FULL CONVERTIBLE .

I HAVE AN 80 mph SPEEDOMETER FOR IT , HOT STUFF !

For our M20 conversion we planned on badging it with 2302 (323i motor). In my business I come across a LOT of damaged car body parts with the badges still on them, so I was going to use some Mercedes numbers to make the 2302. The numbers are seperate pieces and look pretty decent for the car (C230, E320, etc). Maybe not the sportiest looking numbers, but good enough.

Dan

badge.jpg

badge ready for the E21 when it gets its modified super eta motor - replaced the "0" with an "8" from a 528 badge, so it'll read "328 i". Subtle enough that I doubt anyone but other Bimmer whackos will notice...

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Guest Anonymous

My '67 1600-2 S14 project, which actually has an end date in sight that's within a few months, is currently badged as factory: 1600, with the small roundel. I anticipate putting an "///M" in front of the 1600. And possibly an ///M badge in front. I'm probably adding an E30 M3 style wing to the carbon fiber trunklid. And I've got a "BMW Motorsports International" badge that will be festooned in the dash at some point. All subtle stuff.

Pictures someday soon.

Richard

San Francisco

'00 M5

'88 M3

'67 1600-2 S14 project

'74 tii

'99 R1100R

some other stuff