• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 as a Moving Van?

Posted (edited)

Last weekend I loaded up the 2002 with some heavy, bulky stuff. I had to keep the passenger seat open since I intended to bring a friend to a swap meet in a neighboring town so I could sell some stuff. I didn't notice until I was finished that the body was down on the rear tires.  I wasn't driving anywhere, way too heavy for my short springs,  tires/wheels.  Ended up using a '88 toyota truck instead. 

Nice to see how much stuff the 2002 can carry, in my case weight is the limiting factor.

ps. there was also a collapsible hand truck/cart contraption loaded as well 

IMG_0818.JPG

Edited by 7502
word
  • Like 2

Starting a radio station, are you?

I once folded up a 9 x 12 foot broadloom carpet (not an easy task to fold) and got it in the trunk of my '69 and closed the lid...much to the astonishment of the seller.  

When restoring my '48 Fiat, I loaded all four fenders, the hood, two running boards, two cowl panels and two vent panels, plus a wheel into the 02's trunk and closed the lid on 'em.  The sandblaster thought I was gonna have to make two trips when I first arrived, until I started unloading all that stuff.

A very roomy trunk!

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

21 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

Starting a radio station, are you?

I'm keeping my transceiver and local low power station but trying to unload some shortwave radio receivers and test equipment. 

I have been involved in the Ham radio hobby since the late 60's.  I am W2CWK and have a pretty modern ham radio station.  I see most of those units are receivers of the 60-70's variety.  That type of vintage equipment is the ham radio community is affectionately known as "Boat Anchors" meaning really heavy.  That is mostly due to the huge and heavy power transformer used in most of them.  I'm glad you didn't try loading that in your 02.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Posted (edited)

My wife gaped at the trunk when the 02 first came home. She stated "Wow, I can put a body, tarp, shovel 2 bags of lye, a roll of twine and have room to spare"

I have been sleeping with one eye open since then......

Edited by Vicleonardo1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me.