• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring Cleaning

Yes, it’s spring cleaning time, not that we really have a winter in here in Los Angeles, the local mountains being the exception. And, this spring I’m battling the Louis Ratatouilles who’ve invaded my garage and coveted junk yard stash. I moved only a part of the boxes and crates of 02 parts from my garage to clean enough rat crap which nearly half filled my trash bin.  These rats pissed on one of my NOS factory replacement “118” heads for my 1600 and destroyed the valve seats. They have an avaricious appetite with a taste for plastic, cardboard, upholstery, cable and insulated electrical wires. And, they chewed into the plastic bags where I store my cranks on the shelves. I'm very picky about my cranks, only selecting a standard size  forged crank with smooth journals. Can you imagine what would happen to the journals, if they urinated on them.

I tried to be accommodating to the little Gremlins, as they have hands like people and innocent little faces, thinking they'll respect my tolerance, But, no, that's not the way it works with these guys. They take everything they can get and then some.

So I put on my armor with shield in one hand and a window regulator for mace in the other and readied for battle. My helmet is fashioned from a part of a front grille. No, that's not a Grey sweatshirt I'm wearing, it's chain mail armor.

I moved my cars, covered in a thick layer of dust and took them for a spin around the block with my trusty 15 year old Bija-Poo “Maxwell”. But, along the way I had to stop  a couple of times to clean out the idle jet in my Solex which was getting clogged from the old dirty fuel. My garage and cars are overfilled with parts, engine heads, blocks, transmissions, brake parts, tires, radiators etc.

Knight.thumb.jpg.edf8bf65e3380fc04893299b029ddd0e.jpg

Full Garage.jpg

Empty 2.jpg

Maxipooin 69 1600.jpg

Maxipoo in Passenger Seat.jpg

Maxipoo riding.jpg

Tires.jpg

Trunk.jpg

Edited by Zak
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Love the 1600 (with co-pilot)!  But I am biased.  When will you start manufacturing those helmets and shields!  I'm in for one.  (Actually I think I have enough extra grills an hubcaps to make my own)!  Did you make some armor for the pup as well?  Good luck with the vermin!

20200905_112004.jpg

IMG_20160625_160645744.jpg

• Like 3

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

5 hours ago, jscaptura1 said:

Love the 1600 (with co-pilot)!  But I am biased.  When will you start manufacturing those helmets and shields!  I'm in for one.  (Actually I think I have enough extra grills an hubcaps to make my own)!  Did you make some armor for the pup as well?  Good luck with the vermin!

Wow ! You have double trouble and a Granada as well.

I have a lot of busted up grilles from all the accidents over the years where people backed up into my car. I also have another helmet. That's what happens when you drive the cars all the time as I used to back in the day. But, at least parts were cheap back then.

IMG_4124.JPG

Ok, challenge:

dress up in your best 2002 spares

and post a similarly mediaeval picture of yourself.

I should start a new post, perhaps?

t

driveshaft jousting champion

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

28 minutes ago, TobyB said:

I should start a new post, perhaps?

t

driveshaft jousting champion

There are different lengths for driveshafts. The driveshaft for the short neck cars is longer, therefore you will have an advantage with the longer lance. This is fun !

Ha ha ha!  Yes, this could become quite interesting!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

3 hours ago, Zak said:

There are different lengths for driveshafts.

I believe MS Muldaur addressed that excuse below. And yes my mind went right to the gutter that must be why my face is covered with wet leaves.

Edited by Son of Marty

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944