• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For enjoyment purposes only

On 2/4/2024 at 11:10 AM, 02Les said:

When I'm out & about in my Touring it seems to be more the female of the species that's curious.

However, they do not call it cute but usually "that's an odd one". Oh well.

They were talking about the car, right?

:D

• Haha 4

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:43 AM, ECL said:

There are very few things that are more satisfying than rolling up alongside some POS go-cart of a Honda or whatever kids are dumping their $ into these days, in a sleeper of an '02 from outward appearances, that only you know what's under the hood/chassis, then blowing their doors off the line in your 2002. 😜

That my friend, is one of the true pleasures in life😉

Its even possible in a non sleeper 02, many of these Rice Rockets are just stockers with  stupidly oversize exhaust and too tall gearing. Inexperienced drivers make them fair game for even Survivor with its 3.91:1 gears and tight, smooth shifting gearbox.What fun!

I suppose they try to console themselves by screaming past when they catch up but deep down they know... You are beaten! Bwa Ha Ha

Edited by tech71
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

10 minutes ago, tech71 said:

That my friend, is one of the true pleasures in life😉

Its even possible in a non sleeper 02, many of these Rice Rockets are just stockers with  stupidly oversize exhaust and too tall gearing. Inexperienced drivers make them fair game for even Survivor with its 3.91:1 gears and tight, smooth shifting gearbox.What fun!

I suppose they try to console themselves by screaming past when they catch up but deep down they know... You are beaten! Bwa Ha Ha

Well stated and so very true!

'74 Atlantic Blue Tii w/sunroof (my very first car - circa 1990)

'76 Sahara w/sunroof (restored/repainted sunshine yellow, then sold - circa 2002)

'76 Fjord Blue w/sunroof (restored in '96 by PO) - my current baby

"There are very few things that are more satisfying than rolling up alongside some POS go-cart of a Honda or whatever kids are dumping their $ into these days, in a sleeper of an '02 from outward appearances, that only you know what's under the hood/chassis, then blowing their doors off the line in your 2002."

Way back in the last century, when 02s were new, the delight then was to pull up alongside an MG, Triumph, Sunbeam (not a Tiger!) or a big Healey and do the same thing.  Oh the shame of a real sports car getting its doors blown off by a little boxy sedan made by the British Motor Works!

mike

• Haha 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I don't know....Loud but not fast......

We could still easily take him.....

mitsubishi-colt-exhaust-viral-carmageddon-1.jpg

mitsubishi-colt-exhaust-viral-carmageddon-7.jpg

Edited by Vicleonardo1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me.