• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Typ188 lsd woes

tzei
Go to solution Solved by kbmb02,

So ppl like mysteries right?  Or it is no mystery at all? It's 1st for me anyways...

Last track outing (q) lap times were in a ballpark. Came to pits and when i (later us) tried to push it under pit tent it didn't want to go backwards. Not even a little. Somthing was jamming big time. Removed rh h/shaft - no go. Off came lh h/shaft and now it rolls backwards. What is broken?

Opening soon...

20231029_175154.jpg

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

20 hours ago, tzei said:

Two were completely off, rest loose.

On one our high-speed circuits, I felt a clunk (T8 at Willow, for those who know) - I checked gauges, shrugged, finished the race. Once parked in the paddock, I saw diff oil on the ground and on back of the car. Upon inspection, it became obvious a ring gear bolt had come loose, whipped up by the gear and then smacked a hole through the top of the differential housing. Somewhere I have a photo of the bolt peeking through the new hole in the housing.

• Sad 1

So does anyone know how deep oe hardening go? I know that Drexler pressure plates have some meat to work with but how about ZF? Here is my p/plate that kissed heavily w/ friction plate.

78F6D5AB-44F0-4095-AA76-91692C3C691E.jpeg

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91