• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Innards Hardware Listing

bergie33
Go to solution Solved by bergie33,

If there a list or a good documentation of reassembling the doors with all of the hardware?  I'm talking about everything inside the door like the hardware securing the vent windows, the roll-up glass guides, horizontal brackets, all of the bolts and nuts, angled brackets, etc.  RealOEM doesn't list any of these bolts, nuts, washers, and all the various little brackets are just floating in the parts diagrams with no direction on where they go. When I bought my car the doors were already gutted. So, I have bags of screws and bolts and washers and brackets and don't know what goes where or what I may be missing.  Keith's site wasn't very helpful here. 

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

Since you have a "mixed bag" of parts, it might help if you were to spread 'em out, take pictures with a number by each part, and post 'em.  That way we can see what you have, and (hopefully) tell you where they all go.  

Presume you can figure out the common bolts--like the 6mm ones that hold the window lift mechanism to the door, as well as the inside door handle bracket etc.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

PLEASE NOTE:

THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOW A FULL TECHNICAL ARTICLE IN THE BODY AND INTERIOR SECTION OF THIS SITE.  THE ARTICLE HAS HAS AN ADDITIONAL AUTHOR, IMPROVED INSTRUCTIONS, BETTER ORDER OF OPERATION, AND MANY PHOTOGRAPHS.  L. GRAY (7/1/23)

bergie33,

Perhaps the following instructions might help.  I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible.  Please let me know if you find errors in the piece or if you have information that might improve the quality of the piece. 

To your issue:  I have addressed some bolts individually.  However, now I see I should have listed all the bolts, their sizes, and where they go.   

Larry

image.png.ae1d13c0e3b0534393ef1494641b2894.png image.png.358b3fa876bb2f74d92df73da460eb91.png  

image.png.f1bae2aeb84894e8baf62fca6db6c855.png image.png.b656f0f30c43f0dded4dc02ab59eb517.png  

image.png

Edited by 2002#3
removed redundant text; added NOTE
  • Like 2

That is a great write up Larry. Once I get the sizes and locations of the bolts figures out (hopefully with some additional help here), I will take some installation pics and maybe the combination of your writeup, the fastener sizes and my pics can be a permanent tech article. We need one. 

• Like 1

Karl B.

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

Thanks for posting this.  I'm about to need it.  Even though I have another car to cheat off of.  I have to take the door panels off to look.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Another FAQer and I are using the instructions in the third post above as a foundation for a Technical Article on this commonly performed 2002 task.  We will add photos, provide a list of parts and bolts/fasteners, and make other edits to assure you this task, like all 2002 tasks, is enjoyable, pleasant, family-oriented, inexpensive, neighbor-friendly, and lots o' fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Well, with quite a bit of research, looking at tons of pictures, many parts websites and lots of help from Larry ( @2002#3),  I have a solution.  Larry and I put together a pretty detailed tech article on the door hardware.  See it here:

Karl B.

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive