• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was a passenger side mirror an option?

gwb72tii
Go to solution Solved by visionaut,

For my 1972 tii. Now that I am forced to disassemble and repaint my car, I’ve had a RH trapezoid mirror that I have never mounted. I will need to buy a passenger door for the restoration, so drilling necessary holes etc. would be no problem.

But…..was a RH trap mirror an option in 1972? I want to keep the restoration as close to stock as possible.

TIA

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

• Solution

Yeah, the passenger mirror was an add-on, not factory. Of course with dual mirrors, one was stock for RHD and one was stock for LHD… so yeah, both stock.  :D

And I don’t think even many purists would sneer at dual mirrors if proper vintage…

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Paddy Hopkirk made the same mirror, mainly in black. They also came on the Mitsubishi Colt of the same era. I know this as I wanted a pax mirror on my RHD and researched as I didn't want to pay BMW mirror prices. There are several Paddy Hopkirk ones on eBay UK. Right side are easy here probably much like left are easy in the US.

• Like 1

Phil

1975 1602 with an M42 engine.

Project thread http://www.02forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14853#p107713

17 hours ago, gwb72tii said:

For my 1972 tii. Now that I am forced to disassemble and repaint my car, I’ve had a RH trapezoid mirror that I have never mounted. I will need to buy a passenger door for the restoration, so drilling necessary holes etc. would be no problem.

But…..was a RH trap mirror an option in 1972? I want to keep the restoration as close to stock as possible.

TIA

My 74tii has a passenger door trap mirror.  It was a dealer installed option.  Also they installed it free due to screw up in their delivery process.

Mike

• Like 1

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777