• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking AI to create me a BMW 2002 (Baur)

2002FjordBaur

It's interesting that all the non-Turbo variants have the small chrome bumpers and small fender lip flares.  It looks, though, like there's a mix of new and old grill styles.  

That single fog light on the bumper is kind of an interesting detail I've never seen.

• Like 1

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii

8 hours ago, visionaut said:

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/275939-full-car-3d-rendered/?do=findComment&comment=1573406

The AI seems to like playing around with the grille/headlights/side marker details… sorta-pseudo-02s

Yeah none of them look quite right. All kind of dopey cartoonish looking. The number 8 white with blue and red one is the most realistic looking one, except for the kidney grills being too square.

These are beautiful in a very surreal way. I've been playing around with 2049 dooms-day treatments of my Targa. Hopefully I will be long gone if it comes to this demise...

happy_2049.png

• Haha 1

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

As a creative working in the design/ Industrial Design world, I'm more than a bit concerned with what this new technology means for the creative industry, and the artists/creators/designers/humans behind it who have built careers in the trades that Ai (and the individuals/companies behind them) are actively plagiarising from. 

While it could be a tool for individuals, I have full realism that it will be nefariously leveraged by companies and non-creatives to cut the human side of creativity out of the design process, eliminate jobs, and effect the value of the individual. 

This applies to all aspects of creativity. Music, Illustration, Media, Design, Engineering, etc. 

Not to mention that a lot of 'AI' is also built on theft of previously created artwork, design, and development. 

Sigh... Hell in a hand-basket is where we're all headed. 

Edited by 2002Scoob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1