• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for gauge glass?

I got one for the tach from 2002AD a couple years ago.

I don’t remember what I paid, but I do remember thinking it was reasonable.

(Link below)
Good luck

Frank

2002AD.COM

Come rest your eyes on Los Angeles' recognized classic BMW parts and service authority. 2002AD.

• Like 1

1975 BMW 2002 - Sahara

IIRC the "glass" for the instrument binnacle clock is actually plastic.  If you can't find one, a plastics shop should be able to cut you one complete with center hole.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I have a bunch of instrument clusters laying around that I picked up at the junk yards back in the day. I think I paid only $12 / cluster with all the gauges. I'll look around for the clock cover. You can have it. Just pay for shipping or pick it up. I'm in LA. I'll dig-up one tomorrow.

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mccusername said:

Thanks 'Milo'! If you have some clock glass, that would be great.

Michael,

I found a couple, and I'll give you the better of the two since I haven't used them in the past 40 years and since I know you're very detail oriented. The glass is actually plastic. This is the very specific one you can have. The knob in the center is spring loaded. Depressing and turning it enables you to reset the clock. It's all very mechanical and cool. I rescued it along with the entire instrument cluster from Pick A Part 30 years ago.

IMG_3078.JPG

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1