• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture request: Verona with gold wheels

mccusername

Here are a couple of Marty's Hardy/Beck AlpinA A4s (the Alpina flares were on their first then I think he had a car cover fire that damaged those and the Turbo flares were the replacements). 

Personally, I like the look of the silver with the black center.  I get the gold too though.  BBS doesn't sell their paint any longer, neither does Wurth with their rattle cans.  Forrest with Kooglewerks has an interesting Gold color that he is shooting some of his Limmer and other wheels with.  Its a bit of a darker gold though.

H&B AlpinaA4.jpg

a4sexterior.jpg

a4exyterior.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Max. Exactly the combo I'm thinking about. I notice those are all-gold whereas some other H&B gold wheels are painted black in the very center. I contacted H&B about the gold paint color and they basically said they used whatever they had around back in the day-- ie, different color golds.

• Like 1

Subaru STi owners often have the gold wheel paint code discussions.

F9657 = 2002 STi gold (Dupont code), DG 4JI = 2004 STi.

BBS gold GK1
gold for older cars 2C2B
gold for newer cars W083G

Dupont item 32- j760 for gold.

Grimmspeed has a "BBS gold" - https://www.grimmspeed.com/grimmspeed-gold-wheel-paint/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif