• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vehicle transport?

dbsfca
Go to solution Solved by Mike Self,

Hi everyone, 

I'm about to pull the engine on my '73 2002 and send it from San Rafael down south to San Martin, CA, just outside of San Jose to the Resto Shop/Bart Saberhagen for a restoration. Does anyone have a recommendation for a transport/towing company they trust for getting the car down there safely?

Thanks!

my car.jpg

• Solution

When my '69 was on display at the BMW CCA Foundation museum, I had to arrange to get it to Florida at a time when I couldn't drive it, so I contacted a broker called Easy Auto Ship (easyautoship.com).  There were two other BMWs going to south Florida, so they found a single carrier to transport all three cars in an enclosed trailer for very reasonable money.  Worked like a charm.  All three cars arrived on time and in great shape; no problems at all. 

A second possibility:  to to Hemmings Motor News on-line and look under either "services offered" or "transport" and do some digging on your own.  

mike

• Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I've used this service twice in the last 12 months to pick up and deliver cars across multiple states. Very  very easy to use. No regrets and no problems with the cars.

You are shipping within the bay area and so it may not fit but its worth a try.

https://www.autotransportdirect.com/

JasonP

• Thanks 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

One of the absolute worst things about

going racing was that you end up with a trailer

and something capable of towing it.

It gets me into the WORST sort of trouble

from time to time.  From E46's to Case 40+4's, it

drags home ALL SORTS of shit.

I wish it didn't do that.

t

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

10 hours ago, TobyB said:

One of the absolute worst things about

going racing was that you end up with a trailer

and something capable of towing it.

It gets me into the WORST sort of trouble

from time to time.  From E46's to Case 40+4's, it

drags home ALL SORTS of shit.

I wish it didn't do that.

t

^ +1

(for a while, I 'blamed' my trailer for bringing home a few 02's ... now, I'm glad I did.)

hey all Ive used this guy for transport from California to Seattle... he was totally great.

Darrell Tindell (713) 857-4504

he regularly transport furniture for my brother out of long beach ca and he helped me out with a 2002 roof to seattle. Very cool guy

'76 02 (Nellie) daily driver since '94

'76 02 (Oscar) sunroof restore since '10

I used Inter-City when I shipped my 02 from Chicago to the PNW in 2016 (actually shipped two cars with them then).

They were quite expensive and I was not that impressed with the service. I would look elsewhere if I had to ship a car again.

Glad you found something that worked out for you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...