• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

License Plate Bracket Question

cjois

Here's some more pics of the bracket installed on my car.  I used some rubber grommets between the bracket and the body mounting holes.  Did NOT have to re-drill any new holes.  It used the original two holes and still moved the plate down so that's it's not rubbing against the chrome trim piece.  Hope that helps,

John

Braccket0.jpg

Bracket1.jpg

Bracket2.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 3

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

After seeing the postings about the Mercedes license plate bracket, I immediately ordered one from RM European as referenced earlier.  Received it today only to discover that the bolt holes in my 71 are a little over 2” wider than this bracket uses.  Roughly 9” vs. 7”.  They appear to be the only holes ever drilled for this purpose, so I’m both scratching my head and disappointed that it didn’t work like it did for everyone else.  I’ll probably end up drilling some new holes, but I’m not sure about that.  Too bad, it’s a very nice bracket, Mercedes part sticker and all.  And by the way, I paid $23 for it, which I saw was $7 cheaper than Ireland.  Shipping was reasonable:  $8.