• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Tii - Rubber Strip - Rear Bumper - Part No.51121815604

Billsmith

This part (like nearly every part) is a standard 2002 part, not exclusive to the 2002tii.

If Max is out, then that means BMW itself is out, which means every standard supplier is out.  That leaves someone who has one on their shelf, foreign eBay (who also may have one on the shelf), or perhaps Walloth and Nesch.

best of luck on the hunt!

• Like 1

Geez, that's a tough one.  AFAIK, They are susceptible to distortion in shipping and storage.  If you are  buying new make sure that the packaging is full size.  I believe it has a metal core.

I would strongly recommend that you buy from your local.dealer so you can reject it if it's distorted. Been there. I hope BMW plans to.restock them.

Buying used locally might be the best option.

Edited by PaulTWinterton

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Fallback position:  if yours is merely damaged in one area, you can piece one good one from one or more damaged ones, so long as the seams occur under the bumper overriders.  I've seen it done and it's undetectable. 

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Hopefully you can find one from Wallothnesch.  

I just replaced mine which I ordered from Maximillian a few months ago, when they were generally available.  It was partially folded a few spots into a big loop and packaged nicely in a box with the BMW part number tag wired thru one of the overrider bolt holes.  It did not sustain any damage being packed and shipped this way, and once unfolded attached to my re-chromed bumper with no real drama.  

Two things I learned about installing this strip.  First off there is a US version that comes with the holes drilled in it for the overriders.   The euro version is different.  Secondly, I found it helped to buy the T-bolts and use washer any washers and nylon locking nuts to secure the strip.  The T-clips work fine, but once you clip them down, you can't really move the strip left and right at all.  I found it easier to partially attach the bolts and leave them loose enough to adjust the strip and before tightening it down. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

'73 2002 tii Graniterot/Saddle

'17 X5 Xdrive 3.5d Mineral White/Amaro Brown

'18 328d Xdrive Sportwagon Glacier Silver/Black