• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turbo

JackF

From all the research I've dug into a T25 with AR .42 is a good fit for our engine. For low pressure 7psi that is. It's basically maxed out but fits well with out inefficient engine. Most poeple seem to bypass it because its small and they want to go up to 12 psi or more so they want a bigger one. Everyone wants more more more. I've got a stupid dream of an under 7psi system... no more than that.

From what I understand .42 to .50 is a good AR to be at. A very common turbo is a T3 with AR .60 which gives a lot more room but probably spools a little slower, but of course, good for cranking boost.

But I'm 75% right most of the time.

• Like 1

I was a SAAB dealer when I had my Turbo, and since the KKK unit was shot, we modified one of our Garrett units from our parts department for use on the 2002. It worked very well.

• Like 2

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

On 6/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, theNomad said:

From all the research I've dug into a T25 with AR .42 is a good fit for our engine. For low pressure 7psi that is. It's basically maxed out but fits well with out inefficient engine. Most poeple seem to bypass it because its small and they want to go up to 12 psi or more so they want a bigger one. Everyone wants more more more. I've got a stupid dream of an under 7psi system... no more than that.

From what I understand .42 to .50 is a good AR to be at. A very common turbo is a T3 with AR .60 which gives a lot more room but probably spools a little slower, but of course, good for cranking boost.

But I'm 75% right most of the time.

7psi is the low setting on my boost controller. Good for 150 hp/tq at the wheels on a stock engine. It’s a fun level of power without having to worry too much about breaking parts.

A small T3 spools plenty quickly though, and will provide some extra headroom when you get power hungry.

So 50/50 this time :)

• Like 1

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Lets face it the kkk used on the turbo is a 50 year old design, been just a few improvements in turbo technology since then. So if your restoring a turbo the kkk is a must if your building a turbo car you have much better tubros to pick from.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944