• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'76 2002 Wiring Diagram

Hi All,

I am looking for a 76 model year 02 wiring diagram.  I have gone through and cleaned up my harness and completed a continuity test on the rear half so far.  Along the way the P.O's have made a few modifications so I am looking for the diagram to cross reference before it goes back in the car.  I have searched the faq and found a diagram for a 72, 73 and a 73 and later, however, the 73 and later diagram did not seem jive with my actual harness.  Anybody know where I can find a diagram for a later model?  

The Nomad, I have the one from IR, and some of it matched but not all, I'm going to look at it again.  76Mintgrun'02, AustrianVespaGuy and irdave, thanks for the leads i'll check those out tonight.  My 02 obsession is being very inconveniently interrupted by work right now!!

Thanks again for the help guys!

36 minutes ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

Yes I think they are the same diagrams, but what's really nice is that somebody took the time to link all of the component locations to their labels in the bookmarks!

When I click the link, I just get the pages from the blue book, no component location stuff...  Tried on the US '76 and the '72tii...  I see where it shows that on the page, but for some reason I don't get it.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

@irdave, I think you might need to download the pdf instead of just opening it in the browser; at least in chrome I don't see the bookmarks either.  But when I download it and open in my Foxit pdf reader, all the numbered components are bookmarked with labels, and clicking on them will sort of move to the quadrant containing that component.  Looks like this:

image.png

Edited by AustrianVespaGuy
  • Like 1

AustrianVespaGuy,

I'm afraid I'm having the same problem as irdave.  I downloaded the pdf for a 2002 model 76, however it only includes the wiring legend and the wiring diagram not the list of the components as shown above.  Is there a separate pdf or do you have to be signed in to the tii page to download?  

Interesting, just to make sure we're on the same page, here's the link to the diagram that I've downloaded:

http://www.2002tii.org/diagrams/bmw2002-usa-1976.pdf

And no, I'm not registered there, so no need to log in or anything like that.

Next, what pdf viewer are you using?  It might be in your viewer somewhere that you need to 'enable' bookmarks or something like that, as the components are all 'bookmarks' in the pdf.

If you need a good viewer, I use Foxit which is free/open source, and can recommend.

1 hour ago, jimk said:

Worked ok for me.

Yeah, but you're cool.  But you're also on Windows...  I'm on an old mac with an old version of preview.  I'll try on 'dows 10 manana.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

I again had the same problem as irdave, I was on a mac last night.   I opened it up this morning with windows and I am in!  What a beautiful thing, this is awesome!

Thank you!

The main reason I was looking for this is because i the brown green wire going from my distributor is spiced into another green brown wire midway through the wiring harness.  Doesn't look factory but it seems like a good connection.  Anybody know why this would be done?  

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg