• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

123 iGnition Mapping Library?

What about starting a collective library of ignition mapping of those who are using the 123iGnition?

We can disclose what the engine set up that you have and the corresponding mapping codes that we could try, given each individual's engine parameters.

For example, I have dual webbers 45, with Schrick 292 cam, port/polished head, MSD 6A, Bosch red coil and I am using the same numbers as what is stated for the Ti version.  

Thoughts?

Justin 

• Like 1

I like it :) 

There's several great threads with great info out there, but it's often a lot of digging and reading to get to what you're hoping to find, and not necessarily under the thread-title you would assume to search for.

-J

13 hours ago, Captain Manly said:

I am using the same numbers as what is stated for the Ti version.  

Which Ti distributor?, there are 3, with widely different maps.  Specifically the strange footnotes (#12) for "026" distributors.  Also, a lot of the footnotes seem to reference gas quality for differences in the RPM selection for 25 degrees BTDC settings.

Mark92131

Ignition Advance.png

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Here's what I'm currently running on a stock Tii that is running pretty sweet.

The gray curve is most current as of April 7, 2020.  I find that I don't need to mess around with it much, but I have tried a number of curves over time as seen on the 2nd tab of the workbook.

image.png

Timing Curve current.xlsx

Edited by Swiss 2002Tii
additional info
  • Like 1

1972 BMW Inka 2002Tii  ?

1974 BMW Turkis 3.0 CSi ?

1972 MBZ Weiss 280SE 4.5 

2006 BMW Cobalt 530i (38,700 m original)

• 3 weeks later...

Also curious if anyone when checking against timing light finds the 123 off a bit.  If I set the green light at TBC for #1 per instructions, then set up curve in program and finally check against that with a timing light, I often find that it is a few degrees out.  Almost like the green light method at TDC is not completely accurate.  Anyone else have similar findings.  Running a curve almost identical to Swiss 2002tii, but I find that If I check with timing like I need to turn the 123 a bit from the basline greenlight settings.

• 1 year later...