• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Seat swap options

I welded to the Acura Integra seat rails, but it wouldn't have been hard to achieve

the same thing by drilling some holes and bolting it together with 6mm bolts.

It's been a long time, but what I recall is that the rear mount works- maybe a little bending required.

and then 1/2" square tube fit neatly inside the front of the rail, extending the rail about 3".  Then it needed 

a vertical tab down to the bolt hole, so a strip of 1/2" strap did that.  A little bending, drilling, and 3 or 4 bolts

a side would get you there in an easy morning.

As to centering, let me be frank for a moment.  You're not going to be centered unless you do a LOT of work.

The stock seat is offset several inches.  It bugged me for about 45 seconds- then I was so excited not to be

sliding around like a seal on a table made of butter that I forgot all about it and went driving.

And yes, pay nothing for E21 standard seats if you don't need seats.

t

planted

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 10:01 AM, TobyB said:

I welded to the Acura Integra seat rails, but it wouldn't have been hard to achieve

the same thing by drilling some holes and bolting it together with 6mm bolts.

It's been a long time, but what I recall is that the rear mount works- maybe a little bending required.

and then 1/2" square tube fit neatly inside the front of the rail, extending the rail about 3".  Then it needed 

a vertical tab down to the bolt hole, so a strip of 1/2" strap did that.  A little bending, drilling, and 3 or 4 bolts

a side would get you there in an easy morning.

As to centering, let me be frank for a moment.  You're not going to be centered unless you do a LOT of work.

The stock seat is offset several inches.  It bugged me for about 45 seconds- then I was so excited not to be

sliding around like a seal on a table made of butter that I forgot all about it and went driving.

And yes, pay nothing for E21 standard seats if you don't need seats.

t

planted

I just picked up a set of 1998 integra seats ($30) after researching on here quite a bit. I have yet to find any write ups on how to fab these up to the stock sliders. Would you happen to know where to find a solid write up on here for fab and install? Any other methods besides welding if possible? Not afraid to try anything, just looking for a reliable and easy method. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Stevenhy92 said:

I just picked up a set of 1998 integra seats ($30) after researching on here quite a bit. I have yet to find any write ups on how to fab these up to the stock sliders. Would you happen to know where to find a solid write up on here for fab and install? Any other methods besides welding if possible? Not afraid to try anything, just looking for a reliable and easy method. Thanks!

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

6 hours ago, Stevenhy92 said:

It's been a struggle for me. I got the driver side in by drilling out and removing the rails from the seat, then drilling out the rivets that were closest to the factory holes. Then it took some longer bolts, a lot of persuasion, and honestly, I have no idea how to do it again. But the seat is in securely, and the offset is barely noticeable. What IS noticeable is how much higher I am. I'm 5'8", so the height difference isn't awkward or anything, it's just a very clear difference from stock. I still haven't gotten the passenger seat in, and I've gotten a little used to the extra storage space. My seats were from a 2000 Integra, so I'm not sure if they are a little different than a 98.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevenhy92 said:

Angle iron, a drill, a cutoff wheel or even sawzall and some nuts and bolts will put you in the ballpark.

20160227_192400.jpg

Then when you buy a welder you can redo it even nicer. I don't regret buying the welder.

I centered the (1st gen Miata) seat to the steering wheel, and mounted the seat as low as I could. You might be able to tell the difference in height from the bolted to the welded mount. I had to drop the rear cross-brace to allow the seat pan to clear when slid back. The sides are made to fit between and bolt to the stock seat mounts and the seat is dropped as low as possible between these rails. A wider seat base may mean you stay above the rails therefore a higher seat.

20181119_100852.jpg

Edited by theNomad
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Reza Taheri said:

It's been a struggle for me. I got the driver side in by drilling out and removing the rails from the seat, then drilling out the rivets that were closest to the factory holes. Then it took some longer bolts, a lot of persuasion, and honestly, I have no idea how to do it again. But the seat is in securely, and the offset is barely noticeable. What IS noticeable is how much higher I am. I'm 5'8", so the height difference isn't awkward or anything, it's just a very clear difference from stock. I still haven't gotten the passenger seat in, and I've gotten a little used to the extra storage space. My seats were from a 2000 Integra, so I'm not sure if they are a little different than a 98.

I see, I guess i'm more confused on what needs to be removed from the acura seat rails and what is actually left to keep on. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever looked at the bottom of any seat for a car haha. I'm 5'5 so I'm definitely not worried about height and I've read a lot of comments about it being higher. 94-01 integra seats are all the same as far as I know. I am also thinking about sourcing integra rear seats as I've read that they fit as well just need some cutting on the frame.

13 hours ago, theNomad said:

Angle iron, a drill, a cutoff wheel or even sawzall and some nuts and bolts will put you in the ballpark.

20160227_192400.jpg

Then when you buy a welder you can redo it even nicer. I don't regret buying the welder.

I centered the (1st gen Miata) seat to the steering wheel, and mounted the seat as low as I could. You might be able to tell the difference in height from the bolted to the welded mount. I had to drop the rear cross-brace to allow the seat pan to clear when slid back. The sides are made to fit between and bolt to the stock seat mounts and the seat is dropped as low as possible between these rails. A wider seat base may mean you stay above the rails therefore a higher seat.

20181119_100852.jpg

That doesn't look to shabby and a fairly easy/inexpensive method. In the bottom picture, did you completely re-do it with different pieces and it looks like that one is welded? I'm a bit confused on what you mean about the sides, is that why yours aren't mounted on top of the seat rails?

Top one is angle iron bolted together and it uses the Miata sliders which are narrower than 2002 and are bolted to the front and rear rails. 

The bottom is welded with 1" square stock for cross braces and the angle for the sides. That bracket I welded can bolt into the car with the sides resting on top of the stock seat platforms (not stock seat sliders). Then the seats can bolt onto the mounts.

Here are some fitment shots

20191116_145327.jpg20191116_145409.jpg