• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 2002 on BAT

MikeD

IMO, we had the seller's perfect scenario of two bidders with silly money, wanting a car they perceive to be in #1 condition. VIN issues aside, it is IMO a #2 condition car that would not merit honorable mention at the national level. I thought $25-30k was more than enough for a restored salvage vehicle that someone was able to get their DMV to title with parts from a non-salvage title. It's an outlier as far as I'm concerned and I won't expect anyone to pay me this kind of money for my restored '73 in #2- condition with matching numbers.

• Like 5

It is amazing to see the prices for cars with questionable VIN’s. It makes those of us with matching VINS on all 4 places as built feel good about our cars although I doubt most of our great 2002’s will ever sell for this kind of money.

I am surprised that no one has discussed the Schwartz 72 tii with 5 speed also currently listed on BAT.

Someone has spent BIG BUCKS on this car with good Metric Mechanic stuff, but the body integrity appears to be questionable.

It looks like an unfinished project car.

Photos of the body before the driver quality repaint would help a lot for determining value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car