• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT - good freight expediter\shippers? 300 lbs compressors

BarrettN

Slightly off-topic - but the compressor is for my garage to work on my 2002. I'm hoping people who have shipped drive-trains, transmissions or that sort of thing may be able to help me out.

I've found a pair of used compressors for a great deal - but they're in Rhode Island and I'm in Houston. They're just the compressor, approximately 2'x2'x3' and weigh 300 lbs each. They're rectangular so they should be pretty easy to secure to a pallet.

I know people are going to suggest that I just buy something local - but this is to good of a deal to pass up if I can work out the shipping. I've used Forward Air before for shipping from airport freight terminal to airport freight terminal - but in this case I need someone who can put the units on pallets and either ship them or get them to a freight terminal, be it Forward Air or someone else.

Anyone have experience with a shipper that can do this?

Barrett

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

14 minutes ago, rcf925 said:

I don't know what the weight limit is but I've used Greyhound Bus to ship me Some Dodge Power Wagon fenders that were pretty bulky for I think $70 from Oklahoma to CA

I believe Greyhound limit is 100 lb.  personally I would put out it out for bid on

uship.com for example,  and see what kind of bid you get.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, joysterm said:

I believe Greyhound limit is 100 lb.  personally I would put out it out for bid on

uship.com for example,  and see what kind of bid you get.

Thanks - I'd not heard of uship, looks like exactly what I need. 

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii