• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CarPark NYC cars & coffee - 05/19/2019 08:00 AM to 05/19/2019 12:00 PM

backeis

Event Title: CarPark NYC cars & coffee
Event Author: backeis
Event Date: 05/19/2019 08:00 AM to 05/19/2019 12:00 PM

I met some FAQers there last year, and it was a great event! Gotta represent the '02 :)

They're back with a 2019 edition, again near Prospect Park.

Quoting from an email I got:

CarParkers! 

If you have not already done so, please mark your calendars for May 19 for the next installment of CarPark, New York City's curated cars and coffee, which will take place at Brooklyn's Grand Army Plaza in Prospect Park starting at 8 a.m.  While our new location is much larger, we will continue to preregister cars for reserved spaces, and save just a few for others on a first come, first served basis.  If you are interested in showing off your ride in Brooklyn's Prospect Park, please use the below link to sign up -- and please spread the word!  Per usual, we will have live music, fresh coffee and snacks. 

CARPARK REGISTRATION FORM

Please remember, we do not permit commercial advertising of any kind at the event unless it is from our gracious sponsors and pre-approved by CarPark staff.  We hope you understand. 

Sincerely, 

Your CarPark Attendants 
-- 
CarPark
May 19, 2019, Grand Army Plaza, Prospect Park, Brooklyn
Follow us on Instagram at @CarParkNYC

CarPark NYC cars & coffee

I’m in. Just registered. 

9 hours ago, fastricky said:

Seems unlikely my car will be ready by then... dang - Rich

What are you doing on the car .. seemed to be really well-sorted last fall. 

Vince

'72 2002tii 'Liesl'

Whether any of us gets "in" or not – we could still meet up there to chat and catch up in person. Let's just agree on a "code": we all stand around the oldest BMW at the meetup, that's how we'll know who to talk to ;)

11 hours ago, mvliotta said:

I’m in. Just registered. 

Vince

Think he had the engine rebuilt at SCR, Vince. 

Meanwhile I'm supposed to pick mine up Friday, to drive on the road for the first time in THREE YEARS, but my guy told me it's not gonna be ready because it needs some "odds and ends". Crap!

I wonder how much "odds and ends" are going for these days?

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

14 hours ago, mvliotta said:

I’m in. Just registered. 

Vince

Looks are so deceiving Vince!:

1. Engine rebuild. 2. Warm up regulator. 3. Replace trunk gasket and filler neck (to eliminate fuel smell from entering cabin). 4. Correct front bumper (not level). 5. Various trim & interior pieces need correction. 6. Rear diff leaks. 7. Speedo cable replacement. 8. Rust proof (ha) / seal fenders and misc underneath of car. 9. Clutch occasionally doesn't engage 1st gear. 10. Radio/bluetooth not functioning correctly. 11. A bunch of little items I can't think of right now...

As per usual the car is behind schedule and what can you do about that except grin and bear it. ☺️

IMG_2740.JPG