• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Euro Dual Headlight option for 2002??

02Shifter

I have acquired a batch of parts that includes some NOS grilles to set up a 2002 with dual headlights. What I heard from my source was that these were brought back from Europe about  40 years ago... They are hard ABS type plastic, but have no parts numbers or casting details on them. Also, they have no predrilled holes. The guy I got them from said they are pretty hard to find, and that if you install a set of Bavaria headlight buckets, then these fit right on and look great!  I have found several pictures of these installed on roundies.  My question: Does anyone else know anything about these? I am not thinking of putting them on my  '02, so will probably sell them, but have no idea what they are worth?  Any help or comments would be appreciated.  -Thanks!   -Doug

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

1974_bmw_2002_turbo_06_sb.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

dual light grilles.jpg

IMG_0335.JPG

"Presuming Positive Intentions"

There are a few people who have taken them off recently. I think they are a nice period accessory but I would be loathe to give up my aluminium grilles to fit plastic. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Far more popular in the European and U.K. markets than in the U.S. market. An aftermarket accessory — nonetheless occasionally sold and installed by BMW dealers — that was manufactured and marketed by various enterprises, including the esteemed Alpina. Rarer in aluminum for round taillight cars than in plastic for square taillight cars.

Standard equipment on Herbert Hahne’s series of Diana 2002ti’s.

Others here will have a better sense of the current value.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I spent $,$$$ to undo the quad headlamp set up on my tii, what a headache that was. Installation requires some removal of the factory headlamp frames. I do think that they can look great on the right car with the right mods to match though! Best of luck with selling them, they'll be desired in the NOS form (especially since they become brittle and crack over the decades).

-Ryan

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal