• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50 YEARS AGO TODAY

tahoedon

Fifty years ago today, when I was 17, I bought my 1600.  It was manufactured on Feb. 2, 1968.  I wonder where it was hiding for those 13 months before I bought it.  Maybe everyone wanted 2002s.  It still has the original engine with 298,000 miles.  I have done numerous upgrades to it throughout the years, but I still have most of the original parts in storage, including the spark plugs and tires.

kgsBKF0TRr6kwsPuh%KEUw.jpg

IAVVq3ZqRLWaj5LXsp81Nw.jpg

zs0x6gvPQgWy1qL67nrh4Q.jpg

hUNxaOegS8G25vtjwRFadA.jpg

tnQOIuDLT%SF5M8Sv77WZw.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

I am not sure what type of seat it is but I bought it on eBay about 20 years ago.  It was advertised as a recaro like seat that was in a BMW that was raced in Europe.  Back in 1967-68 Car and Driver magazine did an article on an alpina modified 1600 and it had seats very similar to this one.  I looked for a long time for one and was lucky to get it.

I totally agree on Carl's big, big WOW! Awesome!

Bucket is Recaro. Can't find the pictures right now but I redid one of those about two years ago for a friend. Friend's car is an Alpina A3 converted from new and bought by his father when one year old. All paperwork still present and driver seat named as "Schalensitz Recaro" in the original receipt.

Here it is in an old Recaro sales brochure on the upper left:

532476058_Recaro9_crop_552x551.JPG.9030981d41317a8124b64b92da23a580.JPG

Best regards, Lars.

Edited by LarsAlpina
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.