• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ecu harness though the firewall

socalsean

6 hours ago, xr4tic said:

Complete price, or just the housings (no pins)?

Price is appealing. I wonder if they are anywhere close to decent in quality.

I would find it weird if pins are not included since they are not listed separately anywhere on the site.

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

I didn't see the dimensions of the various size connectors.  Seems like the real estate space of each size is needed to choose.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Great timing, as I need to move the wiring harness that runs through the firewall behind the steering wheel in my car.  The delphi weatherpak system is pretty universally used here in the states and parts are widely available.  Is there a disadvantage to the weatherpak system that has people investigating the mil-spec and other alternatives that are significantly more expensive?

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Great timing, as I need to move the wiring harness that runs through the firewall behind the steering wheel in my car.  The delphi weatherpak system is pretty universally used here in the states and parts are widely available.  Is there a disadvantage to the weatherpak system that has people investigating the mil-spec and other alternatives that are significantly more expensive?

The Weatherpack connectors are massive, for the number of contacts.  These might use the individual cable seals which forces larger pitch between contacts.  The Deutsch connectors are a more recent design and use a mat seal approach which allows much higher contact density.  I don't recall the current rating on the 38999 style MIL connectors but they sure are expensive.

If 22 contacts is sufficient for your application, the Weatherpack will do the job, although, you could get away with a smaller hole if using the HDP series.

5 minutes ago, Healey3000 said:

The Weatherpack connectors are massive, for the number of contacts. 

+1   See my photos on page 2 of this thread showing 2 36 pin weatherpak connectors that were about the only thing around convenient in the dark ages of efi conversions.

I've been using Wirecare bundle and wire sleeving for quite a while and needed some high temp sleeving for a wire close to the header.  I see now they carry the electrical bulkhead connectors also:  Crimping tool for Deutsch connectors is quite pricey though.

https://www.wirecare.com/interest/automotive-motorsports/electrical-connectors

• Like 1

Do some searching on fleabay, I found a wall mount plug like the #2239 series here:

http://www.amphenol-aerospace.com/pdf/catalogs/83723_Matrix_Catalog.pdf

not exactly the same, but had 8 larger pins in the middle for the injectors and way more of the smaller pins that you can use on a MS.

It came with both sides of the plug and all the pins, I paid $45 for it shipped.  Just start searching 20, 25, 30 pin canon plug, there are zillions of these things out there, hard part is finding one that suits your needs.... Some of the key brands to search are Bendix, Canon, Amphenol

TK

• Thanks 1

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa