• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nardi Hub Fitment

So I'm not understanding why you don't just get the correct hub from Mr. Steering Wheel? Maybe it's a $ thing because it's $105?

Here is the hub:

http://www.mrsteeringwheel.com/nardi-hub-boss-adapter-kit/

Use part# 4302.14.0601 when you fill out the form.

If you already have a Momo hub they sell a 1/2 inch adapter that will fit a Nardi Wheel for $25.

13 hours ago, Jbaumshelter said:

So I'm not understanding why you don't just get the correct hub from Mr. Steering Wheel? Maybe it's a $ thing because it's $105?

Here is the hub:

http://www.mrsteeringwheel.com/nardi-hub-boss-adapter-kit/

Use part# 4302.14.0601 when you fill out the form.

If you already have a Momo hub they sell a 1/2 inch adapter that will fit a Nardi Wheel for $25.

Nope. I already have what is supposed to be the correct hub and it isn't working right or doesn't seem to fit right. I spent $105 on it already. I'd like to try something else and see if I get better results vs buying the same part twice and hoping for a different outcome.

mike tunney

3 hours ago, thinksound_mike said:

Nope. I already have what is supposed to be the correct hub and it isn't working right or doesn't seem to fit right. I spent $105 on it already. I'd like to try something else and see if I get better results vs buying the same part twice and hoping for a different outcome

Makes sense. I’m happy to send over a copy of my receipt from Mr Steering wheel so you can confirm part #’s etc if that is helpful for you.

On 10/28/2018 at 3:33 PM, D Seattle said:

Mike, I put one on  in this weekend also now Horn does not work.  Have not started tinkering yet. I have a gap also but not quite as big.  Wonder if the pin is not making contact?

You can try running an additional ground wire from the signal stalk down the steering cloumn to the body under the dash. This extra ground may help. Sometimes the ground wire by the steering coupler becomes disconnected, dirty or deteriorates. I'm going to add one when I try the new hub.

mike tunney

5 hours ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Makes sense. I’m happy to send over a copy of my receipt from Mr Steering wheel so you can confirm part #’s etc if that is helpful for you.

Thanks. I may take you up on that once I have my new hub and take the current one out of the car. At least I'd know for sure if it's wrong or if it just doesn't fit in my car for some odd reason.

mike tunney

2 hours ago, Mittenfists said:

IE sells a hub with 74mm spacing if you're looking for alternatives.  I'd assume they would vet the product for fitment (better than the Chinese one I got from Ebay)

http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/item/02swh.html

Thanks for the link. I would have ordered from IE had I known. If the Luisi doesn't work out I may give that one a try. It looks nice!

mike tunney

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with mine.  My setup was a Nardi wheel with MOMO hub and the gap from what I recall looked like yours, Mike.  I bought the wheel used, but the horn button never seemed to press normally like a horn button should.  I don't think I had all of the correct components, but without knowing much about it, I bought a new MOMO hub to mate the Nardi wheel to my column.  The horn would just randomly go off, which I chalked up to it making intermittent contact.  I ended up disconnecting it all together and had no horn for the duration the car was on the road.  I have to address this when the time comes during the resto, so I'm definitely interested in alternatives to what I had. I have  to see if I can find pics of my column for reference. 

Edited by Get2theBimmah

1972 2002tii // 2008 M3