• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carbon Fiber Hood FIRE SALE - price reduced

zinertia

Price: $800

Description:

Picked up this hood 3 years ago and it has never been mounted - just sitting in my garage, time to let it go. Unpainted, black.

This is the hood that takes standard mounting hardware.

$800 obo

Turbo air dam plus this hood $900

pick-up only, will not ship

Dennis

pics in the next couple days, one on the bay now for $1300+ (But they do ship ?)

Need this gone .....best offer at/over  $675!!!!!!

Edited by zinertia
lowered price

1975 BMW 2002 - Poly, coil overs, big brakes, rear IE springs, IE front/rear sway bars, turbo flares, strut braces F&R, limited slip, IE header, Recaro, stainless Magnaflo exhaust, rear spoiler, Minilites, 5 OD, etc.

The man'f is 

American International Racing

This is from their response to me, more accurate weight in a bit

the carbon hoods weigh between 18-23 lbs shipping the hood to you would run $170.00 the carbon fibre hoods are in black or white gel coat, NOT CLEAR CARBON!  

Weighed .......24.0 lbs

Edited by zinertia
clarify

1975 BMW 2002 - Poly, coil overs, big brakes, rear IE springs, IE front/rear sway bars, turbo flares, strut braces F&R, limited slip, IE header, Recaro, stainless Magnaflo exhaust, rear spoiler, Minilites, 5 OD, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have interest in the hood please PM me with an offer!!

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some pictures - noted is a small chip in one corner and "stretch marks" near the logo mount in the gel coat

Hood3.jpg

hood1.jpg

Hood2.jpg

Hood4.jpg

• 1 year later...

i know this is an old ad, but just a thought ( I am selling one of these too on the East Coast).

did you ever try to mount it to a car?  AIR had HORRIBLE quality control back then.  It may prevent issues with a buyer later if you can show that the hood actually fits and all the stock mounting points are in the right place, the center catch is correct and holes are tapped for the correct size bolts.  2 out of 3 AIR hoods i got were very wrong.  they looked fine until installation was tried.

if this one actually fits correctly and is still available, it is a good deal!  heck, even if it does not fit, it could still work with a hood pin style installation.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

Mlytle

have not tried on my car, good idea might give it a try.

Right now with other commitments that may be a while though.

wonder if there would be any interest at $500?

still don't want to ship though

Dennis

36 minutes ago, slowpoke said:

What’s the weight savings?  And “no ship” makes it a smaller audience...

A stock hood with no cross bar, no trim, no insulation, is ~42lbs.

Edited by Rocan

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

Greyhound is in the $150-$200 range to WI

may have to build a plywood box to protect the corners- not sure how gently Greyhound handles stuff so it may increase weight/ some material $

Dennis