• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scope Creep

zinz

I had to share this from the e9 forum. Local Austin area Coupe owner who runs a vintage Jaguar shop started into a minor signal stalk repair and it snowballed into a full-blown restoration  :blink:

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/i-just-couldnt-stop-myself-opening-pandoras-box.27901/

I think Ray has met his match as the Scope Creep King. :D

Ed

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Had the pleasure of seeing Dan's coupe up close when him and his wife brought it to our ATX BMW 2002 and Vintage BMW Cars & Coffee last month.  Absolutely beautiful!

20180120_084603.jpg

• Like 2

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Last fall my giubo decided become more than one piece. Now, both subframes are down and disassembled, I need to weld up 2.5in spring percehes, the motor is coming out in the next few weeks, I've sold my wheels and bought Borranis, and I need to por15 and paint the underside. All this because when removing my old giubo I rubber my arm against the control arm and got a piece of rust in my eye. 

Theres another 10 projects I've woven into this plan, but luckily I'm forgetting most of them. What are the odds the car is back on the ground in May? 

- Chuck 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pompei426 said:

Last fall my giubo decided become more than one piece. Now, both subframes are down and disassembled, I need to weld up 2.5in spring percehes, the motor is coming out in the next few weeks, I've sold my wheels and bought Borranis, and I need to por15 and paint the underside. All this because when removing my old giubo I rubber my arm against the control arm and got a piece of rust in my eye. 

Theres another 10 projects I've woven into this plan, but luckily I'm forgetting most of them. What are the odds the car is back on the ground in May? 

- Chuck 

You're a true 2002 owner/wrencher. I was talking to a customer over lunch in GA Friday. Turns out he owns two old Mustangs (69 and 71), one his dad bought new and passed down to him. He brought it to a local shop in GA recently to change the rear brakes and ended up getting a limited slip and new driveshaft.  He wants more engine power now.

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Jim, the plans continue. The rear SF is completely torn down, but I'm leaving the stub axles in. The gas tank is now drained and out of the car. I wish I knew the tank had more than 5 gallons in it before I started draining it. Oh well, only took 2 days for the garage to smell like carb cleaner and purple power again. 

Bumpers are coming off tonight. And blasting will commence shortly. Oh, also need to pick up a crate M10 this weekend. Don't worry, a motor is next winter's project. 

Where does it end? LOL

Ronald Reagan used to say 'The most terrifying words in the English language are:

'I am from the government and I am here to help.' 

The most expensive words in the English language 'Well, while I am in there I might as well...'

• Haha 1

Former owner of Ivory, first 02, 74 base Chamonix Automatch with AC

Former owner of Ebony, '76 Schwarz, never missed a Grateful Dead concert

You drive new cars, you experience an '02

Dan's coupe is almost identical to mine. Except I've been down the rabbit hole.

Athena at Shell SC.JPG

Edited by adawil2002
  • Like 3

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40