• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro Seat Adapters?

Stuart

Just got a set of Recaros finished for the 74.  Here is a shot of the under side.  The width between the mounting holes is 16".  Who has the best adapter set up? 

I got a quote on hardware/rails from one company that was $400 per seat.   Does anyone have pictures of how their adapter set up came together during install?   

5a52471d88952_RecaroSeat-UnderSide.thumb.jpg.43d3c859fb31ab4dec7d3ba5ff58ce22.jpg

36 minutes ago, bento said:

I really like Lee’s mounts, but I’m 6’2". @Healey3000 must be British roadster sized. :)

I'm 5' 10" so while not quite LBC sized, I find the added height of the factory mounts almost perfect.  Now if only I could shorten my legs and lengthen my arms, the shifter/pedals would feel right!

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Does Dave have mounting instructions?  Any pictures would be helpful.

Thanks,

Stuart

There's almost nothing to it.  Each adapter gets bolted to the rails using the existing pair of holes.  Three bolts go up through each adapter into the seat.

I'm local to you if you'd like to take a look at mine.  I believe Dave's adapters are essentially a copy of the factory ones.

The base of your seat looks exactly like mine. Bought my adapters from this ebay seller and here is how they look in the car. The brackets are now less than what I paid at $135 for the set. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Recaro-Seat-Installation-Bracket-Set-for-BMW-E21-320-is-2002-Porsche-Opel-VW/253091889191?hash=item3aed73c027:g:-CUAAOSwdxdZjs9M

Njbhhja.jpg

seEUySm.jpg

KHA5UC7.jpg

eEQGWOS.jpg

• Like 2

'73 2002tii Fjord Metallic Blue

'14 i3 Laurel Gray Metallic

I CAD’d and made my own as well with the intention to have a batch of them CNC’d after the initial prototypes I made, but then the prototypes worked well and life is busy... haha.

They’re pretty easy to fab up, I could digg up my template as well. Total cost- maybe 30 bucks in aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I just want to make sure that what ever adapter I pick, it does not significantly raise the height of the seat.

In that case, the plate-style adapter would be the best option.  I used 6 mm aluminum.  The factory adapters were somewhere in the 25 mm or greater range.

Sorry for going back and forth on the thickness - I checked my CAD file and I did use 1/4" (6 mm) plate).

Edited by Healey3000
Incorrect thickness

4 hours ago, FilthyLittle02 said:

I used the Aardvark adapters and they work great, they mount right up to the OEM seat rails. https://www.2002parts.com/bmw/recaro-seat-parts/rec-bracket-02.html

But they are very heavy.  I used Massive's adapters.  Beautifully manufactured and light weight.  They also mount directly.

January 30, 1973 Agave tii

April 24, 1974 Chamonix Turbo (German delivery)