• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a source for the 26r tii battery with the correct hold down tabs?

Redtail

I've searched the archives and wasn't able to turn up a source for the group 26r battery with the hold down tabs on the end. It's no problem for me to find a 26r battery locally but none have the tabs in the right spot. 

I can order a Bosch but heard rumors those are not correct anymore either? 

Any advice much appreciated. 

I found one at a local Canadian Tire store 5 years ago.  $100.  It was a great deal but I don't think they have them anymore either.  I remember I couldn't find anything on-line, but this store had them on the shelf.

It might be worth going to an actual battery shop and ask the question.  It's possible there are no-name brands that have the fore and aft tabs.

I'm starting to not care.  I put a DIY safety strap on my battery and only use the end clamp for show.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

I Googled "Exide Classic 26RC" and got lots of hits:  "remanufactured" 26RC's are about $100, an Amazon vendor has 12 new ones in stock, but they are $200 -- free shipping for Amazon Prime!

Not cheap, but they're out there!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

9 hours ago, Glen Karr said:

Steve,

When did they move the hold down from the air cleaner side of the battery to the fan side of the battery? Must have been 74, which my Tii is.

Best,

Glen

Yes, Glen!

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)