• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Injection Bobbing

14 hours ago, buckweber said:

Problem is back.  Per video car runs sting at higher rpm.  It has a wicked miss at 1800 rpm.   Car stalls coming to a stop

cleanened the banjo input filter and return on Kugelfisher.    Only thing I have been working on is alternator

any ideas?

IMG_0110.MOV

Did you manage to upset the throttle linkage while futzing about down there?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

The injection manual has a procedure to test each injection path.  While the engine is running,  cracking the nut on top of each delivery valve should effect  the performance  of the cylinder.  If it does not  there is a problem with the suction valve,  delivery valve or injector.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

4 hours ago, buckweber said:

i can't get one of the injectors apart. Can it be heated with a torch or will it get damaged. 

Don't know.  I'd put it back in the engine and run it.  Do test procedure to find the fault, if any.  Add fuel injection cleaner to a 1/2 tank of gas.  That will clean the injectors etc.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

6 hours ago, buckweber said:

i can't get one of the injectors apart. Can it be heated with a torch or will it get damaged. 

Once CE back together I will test per procedure in Kugel manual 

You are about 7 hours from me. Send me your injectors and I will clean them. Only thing you have to lose is shipping and time. Pm me.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

1 hour ago, buckweber said:

Thanks Paul. I got it apart today and soaking it on carb cleaner. If this doesn't work I will take you up on your offer

Haha.  That's Jim you want to thank for the offer.  You wouldn't want to send them to me as I'm in Canada, and I'd send them out to be electro-statically cleaned and burst-tested as that's the kind of obsessive person I am.:wacko:

Edited by PaulTWinterton

73 Inka Tii #2762958

I messed up and removed all of the fuel lines at the same time.  Don't remember how they map.

Is it.

Front Drivers side= Cylinder 1

Front Passenger= Cylinder 2

Rear Driver=Cylinder 3

Rear Passenger=Cylinder 4

How do I confirm?

Put it all back together and ran good for an hour.    Now trouble stating and sluggish

i would think sludge or something from tank.  Had it dipped at radiator shop and plumbed all new from tank to kugel.   

Also so after heats up it is smoking from either under distributor or exhaust manifold.  Need to figure that one out

high note.  Registers it for first time in 15 years and had it on road.!!!!

• 2 weeks later...