• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandblaster!

Naz

For aluminum parts like valve cover, water divider, intake manifolds, have them tumbled for an oem apoearance.  I also have them clear ceramic coated, you can wipe them off with a Kleenex!

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

I'd be making sure those parts are cleaned and rinsed THOROUGHLY to get rid of sand.  I believe bead or walnut shell blasting is preferable to sand for "internal" engine parts.

Also be sure to really clean out the cavity under the breather nozzle on the valve cover and the dip stick tube.

What Hans said.  I got a completely rebuilt 1600 head recently with all new components and a 300 cam.  The cylinder head bolt holes were still full of sanding media.  I plan on taking it completely apart, cleaning everything and rebuilding it.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

So I don't think anodizing is a good idea. Because the parts are cast the results will be less than desirable. (According to shop) Looking into powder coating instead but not sure it can withstand the heat. May have to simply prime and paint these parts myself which I don't mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Naz

Doing some powder coating starting later this week.   I have a bunch of engine parts that I am doing for Paul Winterton's extra tii engine.  Also just got all the stuff to start doing both gold and silver blue/clear plating as well.

Give me a call, anytime after 6

Thanks, Rick

• 2 weeks later...