• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toggle switches

2002newb

One of the tasks that will get finished this winter is my centre console rebuild, and although my intention is to update the look a little bit i don't want to make it stand out like a sore thumb. Have been checking out a number of different pieces done by members but haven't seen anything done with the old school toggle switches with protectors like the old airplanes and that have now been reused in places like the Mini Cooper so wondering if anyone had tried them out and if so whether or not it looked at home in the cockpit of the 2002.

For reference this is what the Mini Cooper switches look like

Mini.jpg

Edited by 2002newb
link didn't work :(

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Simeon said:

That spot on the console is crying out for switches. I would then just have to figure out what I want to switch. 

Mine are wired up to the fuel pump, and my stereo. the third is just a dummy for now, haven't figured out what to wire it to yet. Honestly... I cant think of what it could possibly be used for. 

I'd normally say Fogs, but there was a green button opposite the hazard switch on the center console that had nothing wired to it, and I had no idea what it was for, so I wired the fogs to that instead.

Speaking of... anyone know what that green button coulda' been for in the first place? 

3 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

Mine are wired up to the fuel pump, and my stereo. the third is just a dummy for now, haven't figured out what to wire it to yet. Honestly... I cant think of what it could possibly be used for. 

I'd normally say Fogs, but there was a green button opposite the hazard switch on the center console that had nothing wired to it, and I had no idea what it was for, so I wired the fogs to that instead.

Speaking of... anyone know what that green button coulda' been for in the first place? 

green button was for rear mounted fog light i believe.  i wired mine to my electric fan.  then wired another headlight switch to my four fog lights and installed it in the fog light dummy switch on the dash. pull out one click for 2 fog lights, pull out 2 clicks for all 4 fog lights