• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CoastalCrush

54 minutes ago, markmac said:

37189522_2618059181552923_1508222828787269632_n.jpg

Those wheels look great!

What are your tire specs?  Does your inner wheel halve bolt on the back of your wheel center or do the 2 halves meet and bolt on the front face of your wheel center?

Edited by evil02

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...

Don't want to de-rail the H&B thread more....quick answer (this is an 11x15 rear wheel, two bbs flat base barrels (rims) 5" inner, 6" outer.  There is a gasketed "O-ring" that sandwiches between the half rims and the center in this case bolts up from behind (often on street cars the center is in front of the half rims), tire is an AVON racing 11 x 23.5 x 15 tire with all weather tread pattern.

• Like 1

Hi guys. Been a long time since I've posted on the forum since I'm 02-less these days. However, still check in to see what's up...

On this thread in particular. A co-worker of mine used to be a very good customer of H&B (had a pig-cheeked '76 Sahara with all the Alpina goodies back in the day, no idea what became of it though) and was the supplier of their cast parts. The company was Pacific Pressure Cast in the SF Bay Area (no longer around) and they did their valve covers, Weber manifolds, rear spoiler mold, various badges, as well as the wheel centers. On the wheel centers, one little tidbit he told me is that the material is an aluminum alloy called 206a which has silver in it. Apparently it is as strong as forging and very expensive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting on pacific pressure cast.  The parts they produced were of a very high quality.  My first bmw (1969 2002) was originally owned by Alan Hardy ('YKB 388').  Some shots from back in the day (they are out there on the old interwebs).  The malaga car is owned by a SF local and shows up to the May show every so often, its wearing turbo flares now and the interior was reupholstered in cork colored leather - it has a full A4/s motor in it along with all the other bits.  Last pic is of Alan Hardy's personal tii, was up for sale a few years ago but didn't reach its reserve (not sure if it sold or not in the end). Standard tii injection on that one and I think a OD 5 sp trans, beautiful car.

post-90-13667597790876_thumb.jpg

post-90-13667597793918_thumb.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01102-1.jpg

DSC01107-3.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markmac said:

Interesting on pacific pressure cast.  The parts they produced were of a very high quality.  My first bmw (1969 2002) was originally owned by Alan Hardy ('YKB 388').  Some shots from back in the day (they are out there on the old interwebs).  The malaga car is owned by a SF local and shows up to the May show every so often, its wearing turbo flares now and the interior was reupholstered in cork colored leather - it has a full A4/s motor in it along with all the other bits.  Last pic is of Alan Hardy's personal tii, was up for sale a few years ago but didn't reach its reserve (not sure if it sold or not in the end). Standard tii injection on that one and I think a OD 5 sp trans, beautiful car.

post-90-13667597790876_thumb.jpg

post-90-13667597793918_thumb.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01102-1.jpg

DSC01107-3.jpg

I’ve seen the Malaga car at Brisbane. The champagne colored car didn’t meet reserve on BAT but it did sell. Both very cool cars. The graphics on the e21 are sweet

Max-

73' BMW 2002

Member # 2329

Part of the problem with Hardy & Beck making 'logoized' parts is that Hardy & Beck hasn't been Hardy & Beck for a very long time - I don't recall now exactly what year Alan and Hans Beck split up, but it was a long time ago - at one point he had his own shop in Walnut Creek, not sure if still in business now (and or where).  Back then of course Independent BMW repair shops weren't commonplace, there were a few of course but not like there are today (of course servicing, BMW, Mini, and sometimes Audi/Porsche).

By the way there is a Hardy & Beck 320i turbo on Ebay at the moment, which appears to be the real deal car from back in the day (minus the H&B 3 Piece wheels), graphics and all less than >$10k, would be a great car to own for a collector I think and would buy it myself if it wouldn't put my way overscheduled project even farther behind than it already is....timing is everything.

• 7 months later...
Hardy & Beck 2oo2 (1979)....I wonder what happened to this car...? Roundel Cover story (had the 6/7x15 alpina's with Pirelli Cinturato P7's), second pic switched over to H&B 6.5/7.5x17 w P7's).
764355773_HB2002.1_Page_1.thumb.jpg.1b25558597b28184d9f67e1f1d3f3603.jpg
1531622321_HB2002.1_Page_4.thumb.jpg.7f03c146d228e588c160a6e655693d91.jpg

That second pic finally made up my mind about adding turbo flares to my ‘74 and using the H&B staggered wheels I’ve had stashed away for over 10 years.

Thanks, Markmac!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290