• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this instrument panel spade terminal for the low fuel/brake light

ray_

7 hours ago, Conserv said:

Ray,

Yes, the wire that hooks up to the spade terminal comes from the emergency brake switch.  The spade terminal only appears on some 1974-manufactured clusters (well, square taillights, but pre 11/74, at least), so later cars must have received a more "built-in" wiring solution:

The above thread seemed much more exciting when we originally wrote it: the plot's a bit thin in retrospect....

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve, I missed that one in my search. I think that clarifies the issue. Mostly!

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

5 hours ago, ray_ said:

Thanks Steve, I missed that one in my search. I think that clarifies the issue. Mostly!

Cheers,

And you know me, Ray: I'm always happy to provide vaguely-ambiguous assistance..... ??

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Is there a provision on the USA tii fuel sensor/sender & instrument cluster to add the needed wiring and get the low-fuel function?  That's a feature I'd like to have (no matter how inaccurate!).

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

• 2 years later...
On 8/6/2016 at 5:01 AM, John_in_VA said:

Is there a provision on the USA tii fuel sensor/sender & instrument cluster to add the needed wiring and get the low-fuel function?  That's a feature I'd like to have (no matter how inaccurate!).

You would need to swap out the sender. The warning light works by a copper strip on the float bridging out two contacts when right at the bottom of its travel. You could probably fab up something similar yourself if you are handy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

On 8/5/2016 at 9:13 AM, ray_ said:

Don't worry; all we need to be is less un-electable than Trump.

It's a cinch!

:D

Damn it Ray, this didn't age well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser