• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker Trim Adhesive (Recommendation Needed)

2002#3

'02 Friends,

Can you recommend an appropriate adhesive to attach the grey rubber strip/seals (see attached photo) to the stainless steel rocker trim which runs along the lower edge of the body?  Yes, I know they are dirty.

Thanks. 

Larry

IMG_2380.jpg

Follow the 3M instructions and start with surgically clean surfaces. I cleaned mine with lacquer thinner, beforehand. Apply adhesive to both pieces…allow to set up for 10-15 minutes….THEN stick them together. 

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Just a question in relation to this, my 02 did not come with any rocker trim, are the grey rubber strips a seperate part that that needs to be ordered with the metal trim, or do they come together? I know I need clips also. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (owned 10 years)

A few steering wheels

• Administrators

Rubber pieces are separate from the aluminum trip.  Just replaced mine. There are three of them per side with different part number.  Left and right are the same, but there is a front (shortest), middle (longest) and rear pieces.  Front and rear are same stile but different length, the middle one is completely different.

steve .

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store