• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building split rims

djminkin

My AlpinA's are 3 Piece (15") with BBS flat base inner/outer barrels, link below is a post I did no my blog a long time ago and also has a link to the BBS Website.  Flat base look the coolest in my opinion, but then they are much more of a PIA as you have to dis-assemble the wheel to get it off the tire and vice versa to get a new one back on.  It is quite a process, and there aren't that many places that can do it (or should I say places I would trust to do it).  The alternative is the drop center system which allows you to remove/replace tires with a tire machine.  The BBS stuff is expensive as you would expect, I paid a little more than $150 for an inner barrel (rim), the o-ring pieces are like $50, hardware kit $75....as I recall, but then that was years ago.   Roger Kraus Racing in San Leandro, CA has done all my wheel / tire stuff - he knows his s%it - I would try there unless someone here knows someone better/closer to you.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com/2011/02/bbs-racing-wheels-technical-information.html

Have a set of BBS RS001's myself.

Here's a nice link to follow. Hopefully this will help you out a little bit, information wise as well as extra sites/links wise.

You'll have to do a little bit of calculating for inner barrels, outer lips, offsets, etc.

How to build your BBS RM and RS

1975 BMW 2002 : : 1977 BMW 320i

We had a set of BBS 3 piece with no drop centers for our B Sedan in 1977. Wish I still had those wheels TO HANG ON THE WALL they were a true PITA, never again!!! We were running cantilevered tires ( 10.5" wide tires designed to fit on 7" wide wheels) and had special jigs set up for the press to assemble them, no chance of changing tires at the track unless you brought the press with you.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

e7304f1ebd82eddb8168d04bfde8123e.jpg

If that doesn't work out, I have these for sale, have seals also, just missing hardware. You can build square sets or staggered. These are period correct magnesium centers 13". Will need to be refurbished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72 Fjord Blue B/S Racecar

2011 335is 7 Speed dct Rocket