• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone in WA want to make some extra pocket money?!

shoeless

Ive been searching for my first 02 almost all year. Ive missed a few and learned more what to expect/look for.

Ive found one I want but the seller wants a cash deal/ face to face only. Im in TN, so thats gonna be tough.

If you're in WA (Seattle area), this is what Im asking:

I transfer you funds via paypal.

Go and meet buyer with trailer.

You pay seller. 

Hold onto car for one or two weeks while I arrange shipping.

Profit.

Ill pay for expenses and a little something extra for any trouble. I only ask you make sure its not falling apart (it has its issues, but should hold together fine).

If you think you could help, please reach out asap!

Thanks!

Edited by shoeless

Brian "shoeless"

Looking for my first 02! 

Keep the faith, keep looking closer to home. You will add a couple thousand to the purchase price from the west coast. I found a great car in GA recently - they are still out there.

IMO - never buy a car you haven't looked at in person. If a car is worth shipping across the country and sending a stranger money for, it's worth a plane ticket.

Keep the faith, keep looking closer to home. You will add a couple thousand to the purchase price from the west coast. I found a great car in GA recently - they are still out there.

IMO - never buy a car you haven't looked at in person. If a car is worth shipping across the country and sending a stranger money for, it's worth a plane ticket.

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

Hey...

You aren't some Nigerian Secretary of the Treasury that wants me to give you my bank account number so you can deposit 22 million dollars in it so I can hold it for security reasons?

Cuz if you are, I want my money back.....:)

Edited by Vicleonardo1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

Curious as to why only the Seattle area?

The vehicle is near there and I wouldn't ask anyone to go far. 

It's a big proposition and Id like to make it as easy as possible for anyone that'd be willing.

With that said, Ive lined up transport to have it shipped to me. Just need a kind soul to pay the seller and give it a halfway home.

Brian "shoeless"

Looking for my first 02! 

Ill pay for expenses and a little something extra for any trouble. I only ask you make sure its not falling apart (it has its issues, but should hold together fine).

The potential for misunderstood expectations is pretty high and would make for a lot of possible downside to the transaction. I'd suggest you ask someone to do a PPI before committing to the purchase and asking for help paying/moving/storing the vehicle.

That way the chance of a negative outcome and vibes would be WAY smaller. Not trying to discourage you from pursuing this car, just thinking you might want to add due diligence to the process.

Edited by kiva667

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

Perhaps a more specific location would get a response.

the 'Seattle area' is rather large/vague.

True, and apologies for being vague. I suppose I was just being overly cautious as to not lose the deal. 

It is in Edgewood to be exact. Seller says just off interstate 5.

The potential for misunderstood expectations is pretty high and would make for a lot of possible downside to the transaction. I'd suggest you ask someone to do a PPI before committing to the purchase and asking for help paying/moving/storing the vehicle.

That way the chance of a negative outcome and vibes would be WAY smaller. Not trying to discourage you from pursuing this car, just thinking you might want to add due diligence to the process.

All valid suggestions and much appreciated. The only reason I am going about this is the car is cheap. Cheap enough for me not to care about anything other than it falling apart on a truck. 

If it arrived to TN and could only be used for parts, I would be ok with that outcome. 

If someone is willing to help, I'd only expect them to give it a quick look. If they agree it's worth it, done deal. If not, Im still happy to pay for their time. 

At this point, Im still learning. I trust you guys know more about the cars than I, and therefore, if the car would make for a good starting point. We could discuss further via pm, call, or text.

Im thankful for everyones suggestions.

Brian "shoeless"

Looking for my first 02! 

I was looking at that Edgewood ad too. By the time you get it, you're paying ~3k for a car that has a fair amount of rust... Just be patient for something close to you. You'll be glad you waited, once you find one that's in way nicer condition for close to that.

If that still doesn't convince you, there's a 1970 in Portland that's $800.

'68 1600-2