• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoCal tii stolen

ray_

He had listed the car here and had recently added a video.

I am sending texts with photos of the car to my friends here in the greater Long Beach area and Orange County to be on the lookout for it.

Any more information, such as time of day, location(parked on street, in garage, etc)?

Don't forget security cameras around the location. Maybe a neighbor had them on?

Edited by Bublinki

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

All

We talked about this a few months ago when a Malaga was stolen....So, I got curious and found this product by Shaper Image.  It seems self contained meaning that you don't need a contract....

It's called a :

Personal GPS Homing Device

$69.99

ITEM #200194

Maybe I'm over simplifying this because I looked at it briefly but it seems like it can be set discreetly in your vehicle and tracked when needed.......Please check my work..

ira

There was recently another FAQ'r car stollen, low and behold in and around Los Angeles this year. It turned up stripped.

Perhaps the same chop shop or bunch of D-bags.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/167128-my-1976-grantrot-2002-was-stolen-in-front-of-my-apartment-last-night/page-4?hl=%2Bstolen+%2Bcar#entry1056764

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

I hope the car was well insured. I have all of my cars insured at an agreed value that is above what I would expect to sell them for should I decide to do so. The insured figure also takes into account what it would take to replace the car in perfect condition. It doesn't cost much to insure collector cars at proper values.

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

• 2 weeks later...

My car was broken into last night. Someone bent the window frame and started drilling out the ignition barrel. I'm lucky to still have her. It was parked on the street in the Miracle Mile neighborhood of Los Angeles. Note to all FAQers we need to keep our cars off the street in LA, even my shitty daily driver its being targeted.