• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walloth and Nesch glass and door seals

DeanR32

Dean  There are only a couple choices for door seals  OE and URO and price will dictate which is which. W&N does a good job.

Lots of info on both OE seals and URO . Id suggest searching and reading as much as you can to make an informed decision. Note that BMW has redesigned their door seals about a year ago to include a hollow top cross section. So take that into concern when looking at the date of the posts you find

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I would highly reccomend staying away from the URO door seals. They are stiffer than original and make closing a door a slamming affair. I have them and have haited them from the beginning. My plan is to get some of the newer OE seals when I get around to it.

Blunt's your huckleberry.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I'd be very interested as well in people's experiences Dean.

I am close to deciding on a full resto on my '73 and these will obviously be on the parts list.

I have got to be honest, I have had nothing but success with W&N, Jaymic, etc over the last 10 years ... except ...

The door seals I sourced from W&N for an E3 restoration were disappointing. They were made up of many glued together profiles and came apart with just a little stress of fitting.

Fortunately a friend runs a auto upholstery shop and sold me some Wurth rubber glue and my wife and I carefully re-glue them. One of them ended up in like 10 sections prior to re-glueing!

Now I have to say for the amount of shipments of stuff I have from W&N over the years they have been superb on product and delivery (to Australia).

However quite interested in the experience of '02ers with their seals.

Cheers

Richard

The new OE BMW door seals are really nice.

The URO BMW 2002 seals are junk, plain and simple.

This is truly a place to spend your money. You won't regret it.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793