• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Injected M10 Question

rgiles675

On 7/23/2015 at 7:40 AM, rgiles675 said:

Does anyone know of a kit you can buy to convert the M10 to fuel injection? I know it's possible to source a bunch of parts but wondered if a place had everything in a bundle you could buy? 

Thanks, 

Ryan 

From the posts, it appears unlikely such a kit exists. Too many possible ways to go.Too many personal preferences/choices involved.

Heres my  "L-Jet starter kit" Seems a shame almost. Not a bad E30.

IMG_1554.JPG

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

7 hours ago, Dudeland said:

From what I read the problem with ITB setups is getting a good vacuum to run the brake booster, and also as a computer input for engine load.

Vacuum for a brake servo from a single runner is no problem - ask anyone with a Ti or anyone that's retrofitted side drafts. Engine load signal just needs to take feeds from at least 2 cylinders and damp it with a chamber (from what I read ? ).

• Like 1

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

I've converted my car to EFI. It uses the e30/318i intake manifold, an e36 throttle body, stand alone ECU (simpler and cheaper to get the harness & ECU from the e30 if you can). You have to add a crank position sensor & trigger wheel to the crank pulley, as well as a coolant temp sensor. We used Manifold Air Pressure sensor on my setup rather than an AFM or MAF.

My project came with all the goodies to make the conversion, so I ran with the ball. And I'm comfortable wrenching, but the custom electrical work was beyond me. Gotta fab throttle linkage too.

With an IE 292 cam and 9.5:1 pistons on a rebuild, the engine makes 128 whp.

My most recent engine bay shot. Added a shot of the airbox my guys made too.

enginebay2019.jpg

airbox.jpg

Edited by d.hitchcock
  • Like 1

d.hitchcock that is nice looking engine bay and good call to make that air box. However if i may make one suggestion... move your fpr to colder position. It will be better and safer.

• Like 1

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

14 hours ago, NickVyse said:

Engine load signal just needs to take feeds from at least 2 cylinders and damp it with a chamber (from what I read ? )

Be aware the curve obtained is the green curve when tuned at sea level.  If the car goes to a higher elevation, the WOT fuel requirement decreases per the black line.  But the fuel delivered for that kPA is per the pink dot on the green curve and there will be a fuel shortfall that will need about a 70% correction.  Been there.  It doesn't work like a carb and go rich as you go up. 

ITB Elevation Fuel1.jpg

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.