• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Craigslist Ad

Yeah, that's quite a decent price, although it is an auto. Wonder why it needed a new engine with so few miles.

I am also confused how it has 27k on the crate engine but he had it swapped in 4 years ago and has put 9k on it since... used crate motor??

Under-priced IMHO

+1

And I believe the story, based on what I'm seeing in the photos. It's just a shame -- and highly unusual -- that it lost its original engine at 19K!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hi Guys - I will clear the air on the crate motor.  In 1988, I had a 74' 4 speed (also Malaga coincidently) that I bought a new motor for from Bav Auto (have receipt for engine and install). I put 18K miles on it until I put the thing into a steep curb during a blizzard in Nov 1990.  The frame was bent beyond repair that made sense.  We pulled the engine, new gas tank, transmission, long console and shift boot, and a couple of other miscellaneous things before it got hauled off.  A lot of good parts went to waste! The parts went in my Dad's garage.  I moved a month later out of State with my job and a few weeks later my Dad found this Malaga pushed out on lawn.  I have the original sticker and documentation from the time, but the original owner died in mid 80's. His daughter Patricia inherited it. I have both receipts in his name with mileage, and registration later in her name with mileage.  Anyways, knowing nothing about cars, she continued to drive it when the oil light came on. It threw a bearing and scoured the crankshaft.  My dad bought it on the spot and put it in the garage in Nov 1990.  He always said he would put the engine and 4 speed in and never did. It was almost a game...me wanting to get it...him saying he'd fix it. There it all sat until November 2010, but he was diligent about turning the crate engine and the car was on blocks.  I finally bought it from him, had the motor put in, and have enjoyed it for 4 years putting only 9K on it on weekends doing errands mainly.  I have two in high school that will soon go to college and that is the driving factor for selling now...plus when I told the wife I had a BMW...she expected something a little more "modern" Ha! She has never really been on board...I love it but it has to go.  There are a few fiddly bit things to do to it...not perfect...but a solid car for a fair price.  I am taking it to the "Brit" Floyd concert at Red Rock tomorrow night to tailgate with for sale signs on it...wish me luck....or send a friend quick!

Hi Guys - I will clear the air on the crate motor.  In 1988, I had a 74' 4 speed (also Malaga coincidently) that I bought a new motor for from Bav Auto (have receipt for engine and install). I put 18K miles on it until I put the thing into a steep curb during a blizzard in Nov 1990.  The frame was bent beyond repair that made sense.  We pulled the engine, new gas tank, transmission, long console and shift boot, and a couple of other miscellaneous things before it got hauled off.  A lot of good parts went to waste! The parts went in my Dad's garage.  I moved a month later out of State with my job and a few weeks later my Dad found this Malaga pushed out on lawn.  I have the original sticker and documentation from the time, but the original owner died in mid 80's. His daughter Patricia inherited it. I have both receipts in his name with mileage, and registration later in her name with mileage.  Anyways, knowing nothing about cars, she continued to drive it when the oil light came on. It threw a bearing and scoured the crankshaft.  My dad bought it on the spot and put it in the garage in Nov 1990.  He always said he would put the engine and 4 speed in and never did. It was almost a game...me wanting to get it...him saying he'd fix it. There it all sat until November 2010, but he was diligent about turning the crate engine and the car was on blocks.  I finally bought it from him, had the motor put in, and have enjoyed it for 4 years putting only 9K on it on weekends doing errands mainly.  I have two in high school that will soon go to college and that is the driving factor for selling now...plus when I told the wife I had a BMW...she expected something a little more "modern" Ha! She has never really been on board...I love it but it has to go.  There are a few fiddly bit things to do to it...not perfect...but a solid car for a fair price.  I am taking it to the "Brit" Floyd concert at Red Rock tomorrow night to tailgate with for sale signs on it...wish me luck....or send a friend quick!

76 Malaga #2391789 (Sun, Auto, 43K) - "Lulu"

Sold full price to a nice young couple in the Denver area.  He owned a Malaga in the past and had the itch again!

Tom - Look for him to join the Rocky Mtn Group....nice guy.

Signing off

76 Malaga #2391789 (Sun, Auto, 43K) - "Lulu"