• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks Curt!!

Grover

When getting my car ready for the Brisbane meet a couple of weeks ago, I realized that my odometer was not working. While I didn't have time to address it at the time, today I typed "bmw2002faq odometer repair" into Google and sure enough, what came up, but an article on how to fix it. Written by none other than Curtis Ingraham.

Some of the newer folks on here may not have ever had the opportunity to know Curt, while some of us "old timers" on the FAQ will remember his name well. He was an absolute wealth of '02 knowledge, especially when it came to anything to do with electronics or cooling. He was a master at both. 

Sadly, Curt passed away from cancer a few years back, but finding that article by him brought a smile to my face. I still have an old jack stand that Curt gave to me not long before his passing, and I use it with pride. I hope the '02 gods are taking good care of you my friend.

stand_zps81db0322.jpg

Curt was a dear friend of mine too... A totally humble and selfless human being.... He was one of my mentors along with Michel Potheau and Leif Anderberg to guide me with 02 parts and engineering... They all will always be missed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

It's funny, I think of Curt every time I glance at my temp gauge and see it sitting at a perfect mid point. The Silicon Garage sticker is still firmly adhered to my three-row radiator. 

Thanks Curt, as always...

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

Curt was a dear friend of mine too... A totally humble and selfless human being.... He was one of my mentors along with Michel Potheau and Leif Anderberg to guide me with 02 parts and engineering... They all will always be missed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lisa!

It's been a long time!  I don't get on this forum much anymore, but I still have "4" '02's! HA!  I spotted the thread and just had to chime in...Curt was a great friend...he was about 8 months older than me and we were always talking about '02's and other things.  Michel Potheau was another friend and mentor who I also miss greatly...he was a curmudgeon at times but he was "always there to answer my '02 questions"!  Come to think of it, I'm a curmudgeon at times! :-)

As for Leif, he would always send me the part I needed with hardly "any" cost!  What a great '02 guy!

I will NEVER forget those gentlemen, but especially Curt since we grew to be good friends.  I still stay in touch with his son Eric.

I hope you are well!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"