• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel

71bmr02

Thanks, yes it is a 13, (13x6) and notice there are no extra moldings on the side of the vanes as on the 320i turbines (picture included), these vanes are straight on the sides.

Thanks again for the reply

Gale

douggaleh at Hotmail dot com

post-34240-0-90683000-1429031651_thumb.j

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

Hey,

It appears that the wheel in your photo was produced by GB, an aftermarket supplier. The BMW factory alloys never had a raised center hub. They were flush to accept the small stainless center cap. I believe some early e21's had a similar wheel, no ridges, but would not have the raised center.

e21 sounds right. I'm out of my depth here but I thought e30s had 14" rims whereas e21s had 13" rims. This looks like an aftermarket rim: no "BMW" or roundel on the face. Manufactured by "GB." (Although the example shown appears to have a February '86 manufacturing date.)

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks again, GB apparently made these wheels but I researched GB and could not find information on this particular wheel. I've been told it may be a series 100 wheel. I like the looks of them but moreover i'm after the 6" width to mount my 205 60's for my "Saturday night special" build.

Gale

douggaleh at Hotmail dot com

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

Any one of the Alpina copy wheels will work to match the wheel in your picture.  They were made by OZ, MSW, Itala, and BHS.  There were also some early E21 factory wheels made by FPS  which did not have the flat spokes with the ridges on them but they are only 5 1/2" wide.

shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com