• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND A-pillar vinyl trim (schwarz)

jgerock

Looking for some of the black vinyl trim used on the A and B pillars. My left one has a split.

Located in Alexandria VA

Not sure if it in this diagram

http://www.penskeparts.com/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=47140&rnd=03192010

Here is my good right one.

F2F4CF65-507B-4275-AC9E-44D343309E16_zps

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

although not stamp'd official BMW you can find a match at any fabric store, michael's craft store, hobby lobby, etc...not much $'s at all

Thanks Esty.  My local craft stores pretty much stink.  Each time I visit them they don't even have upholstery foam and other "regular" materials.  The local auto upholstery shop wants way too much for a small bit of foam. 

Maybe someone here has parted out a car with good trim..

Jim Gerock

Went to Michael's first.  I looked around for their bolts of fabric (none found at this store in Springfield VA) then I asked  someone.  No - we don't sell any vinyl.  They sell mainly crafty-like items, frames, etc.  They don't even carry foam for seats - only stuffing for pillows.

Went to Walmart and right to the fabric section where I found some burlap on a previous trip.  I asked the lady who works in that section and she said no.  She suggested JoAnn Fabrics or just go to an auto upholstery shop.  She said many places used to carry the raw materials but don't anymore.  

Looked on line but I don't know the weight of the stuff on the car.  

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

I hate to hijack your thread but I am wondering what is under those pillars?  Foam or some other kind of backing?  I am trying to put together a car that I have never seen together so I am at somewhat of a disadvantage.

Thanks(if you can help), Larry

Larry,

My 69 had some 1/2" foam glued to the A pillars.  The driver's side foam covers and keeps the dome light wires in place.

IMG_9305_zps0b03f0d5.jpg

There wasn't anything under the B pillar vinyl trim on my car.

The C pillars had some more dense (denser?) approx. 1/4" thick foam under the headliner

IMG_9349_zpsa2daf7ec.jpg

HTH

Jim

Jim Gerock

Jgerock

JoAnns fabric in Rockville MD carries it for sure.

I covered a 67 mustang rear package tray last week. I drove up and grabbed 2 yards. I'm gonna use the rest to do the same exact thing your trying to do as well.

If you need foam try addlers interior shop on parklawn or see Milla's on Howard ave in the

West Howard Antique district in Kensington MD

About 2 miles from there. He's old and grumpy but he would sell you some.

Hope that helps