• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

article ...... 2002 Turbo

I believe the rear spoiler, which was like hard foam rubber, was standard on these, yet this car is missing it. And the gauge pod looks like it is trimmed in woodgrain whereas they were a darkish red from the factory.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

I believe the rear spoiler, which was like hard foam rubber, was standard on these, yet this car is missing it. And the gauge pod looks like it is trimmed in woodgrain whereas they were a darkish red from the factory.

On my screen the pod is red, faded and aged but red.

Looks like a "real" Turbo, based on the extra brackets in the engine room that are Turbo-unique.  Aftermarket steering wheel and road wheels, but I agree that's a faded red instrument surround--they were matt red and do look brown from certain angles.  

Article was incorrect describing it as a US delivery car.  None were officially sold here due to emission and safety standards.  And...it has Italian-unique front turn signals (clear/amber).  More than a few Turbos were originally sold in Italy, so that's where it may have gone.  Or a PO just liked the Italian turn signals.

Nice car, though, and the engine room looks very original.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Why is the Motorsport striping on the rear driver quarter pannel by the bumper so sideways... I understand the car may be nice looking sideways but the vinyl... Does not.

76' Fjord Daily SOLD

1986 528e 5 speed Daily

"I don't have a piece of sh*t so I have to envy yours!" - Ferris Bueller

Why is the Motorsport striping on the rear driver quarter pannel by the bumper so sideways... I understand the car may be nice looking sideways but the vinyl... Does not.

Like most cars, certainly my cars included, the example shown has its share of "items needing to be addressed"! You're pointing to one of them.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)