• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Point Interior Arm Rest For Drivers Side Door

I'm wondering if there is such a creature as drivers door handle the looks the same as the passengers side. I figure that some of Europe has the opposite configuration than us? I wonder if anybody has this type of  door handle? if so please email me I'm interested to see if they even exist?

Like this, but one that fits on the drivers side.

doorhandle.jpg

Thanks 

Dave

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

In my 69 it had a 3 point at one time but now has the standard 2 point. But you can see the indentation and screw hole from where the 3rd contact point was. Who knows why?Different door panel swapped in?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I took out a pair of lux door panels on a lhd euro spec 1802 and they had the 3 point armrest on both doors.

Edited by cj

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Both my RHD cars have 3 point arm rests - And thats all I've seen here in Oz.

Beaner7102

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver

Both my RHD cars have 3 point arm rests - And thats all I've seen here in Oz.

Beaner7102

+1 on this.

My RHD MB W123 wagon  has different door handle arrangement between driver's and passenger's door. This is to accommodate the 'umbrella' style hand brake that pulls out from the dash. This is next to the door on a RHD but near the centre console on a LHD. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I'm wondering if there is such a creature as drivers door handle the looks the same as the passengers side. I figure that some of Europe has the opposite configuration than us? I wonder if anybody has this type of  door handle? if so please email me I'm interested to see if they even exist?

Like this, but one that fits on the drivers side.

doorhandle.jpg

Thanks 

Dave

All RHD '02s came with "3 point" arm rest on the left door as well as on the right door.

The spare left doors that I have (from US '02s), all have the provision for fitting a "3 pointer" to the door except the cage nut.

post-32042-0-03967300-1405516239_thumb.j

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Wow, all good info I saw the extra hole in the door for mounting. Thats what got me to thinking about the three point arm rest. So now I just need to find one for my car!

ANYONE GOT AN EXTRA! :rolleyes:

Thanks

Dave

Edited by 02hobiedave

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"