• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ford V8? (Flamesuit On)

bianchini

I think we're all waiting for BMW's latest 2 liter turbo four to start showing up in salvage yards--and for the first person to transplant one into a 2002.  That's 240 hp out of the box in a 2200 lb car...not too shabby.  

C'mon, all you rich teenyboppers whose daddy bought 'em a new 228 or 328, hurry up and wrap it around a tree (tail first, we hope).  We want your engine!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

My next door neighbor appears to have gotten into the business of parting out crashed cars.  He had a horribly smashed honda on the back of a wrecker in his driveway for a few days last week.  Today he has what appears to be a brand new 2 series with the front end crumpled, but with no indication that the motor was impacted.  I resisted the urge to ask whether the motor was for sale, as I assume the onboard computer requires a positive response from a long list of sensors before the motor will start, and I simply don't have the time or inclination to put myself through that sort of trial and error process. 

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

If you want v8 bragging rights, why not a m62 or s62 from 540 series? Consider this:

100 pound more than stock, aluminum block

Cheaper and more plentiful than S14

Bloodline is intact

6 speed gearbox

To make this work 2002haus has the custom rear sub frame already developed (for turbo app) that holds e36 diff

Ireland's bank for 16" wheel and Tii coil overs

Reinforce front sub frame and integrated roll cage

Rack and pinion steering and Wilwood pedal kit

My 02 cents

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

If you want v8 bragging rights, why not a m62 or s62 from 540 series? Consider this:

100 pound more than stock, aluminum block

Cheaper and more plentiful than S14

Bloodline is intact

6 speed gearbox

To make this work 2002haus has the custom rear sub frame already developed (for turbo app) that holds e36 diff

Ireland's bank for 16" wheel and Tii coil overs

Reinforce front sub frame and integrated roll cage

Rack and pinion steering and Wilwood pedal kit

My 02 cents

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

I think we're all waiting for BMW's latest 2 liter turbo four to start showing up in salvage yards--and for the first person to transplant one into a 2002.  That's 240 hp out of the box in a 2200 lb car...not too shabby.  

C'mon, all you rich teenyboppers whose daddy bought 'em a new 228 or 328, hurry up and wrap it around a tree (tail first, we hope).  We want your engine!

mike

can you imagine trying to sort out the electrics?? ecu probably needs to see a thousand sensors before it will come out to play, and if you went for an after market ecu the tuning would be hell. The older I get the more I like an m10 on a down draft carb!

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg